Beep Beep Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys I was driving along minding my own business this afternoon when some moronic P plater decided he would just change lanes while i was still there. I hit the horn button and ................... the whimper that issued forth would be right at home on a Saet or even a Hyundai..
Now I dare say some others may have discovered this slight issue .
Has anyone swapped out their pathetic european beeper for something that actually might awaken a P plater at 10 paces?
Am thinking something that would scare the yeehah off the idiots even when they have the sterio turned up and the phone jammed in one ear.
Something like this maybe [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZuYx8i42RQ[/YT]

Check out Jason's build thread he put a new one in an several others also put the same one in but I can't remember brand or anything.

Are air horns on cars legal in Australia? If so, I'm gonna go get one this weekend!

Air Horns are legal however no horn is allowed to be over 120db I beleive.
I actually have that Nautilus horn in the shed. It lasted maybe 12 months and crapped out , possibly from lack of use but not sure.I found it was still a little bit too high frequency wise .

Yeah they really hate multi tone horns
I had La Cucaracha in my old Valiant and I thought would be smart for rego and wire it for single sound only. rego dude knew what I did and pulled 1 wire and said now try it
The horns blared out La Cucaracha and it echoed thru the rego shed.
One of the other inspectors laughed so hard he fell in the pit . Funny now wasnt then
Oh yeah it was a fail lol

I've always wanted a decent horn too for the same reason, is that eBay one featured pretty much plug and play?

I've always wanted a decent horn too for the same reason, is that eBay one featured pretty much plug and play?

Have a look at the store for that seller - they have heaps of different types - and some come with a wiring kit - others you have to buy for $19.95.

Latest posts

Back