Benefits of increased suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upthetigers

Reaction score
Guys I would like to get some more height out of the Navara as I was parked next to a Hilux and triton the other day and compared to the two of them I have to say the Navara really looked quite low. I know it's petty but couldnt help but have some height envy.

I've heard the best way of doing this is a 2 inch suspension lift but this will set me back around 2k. My question is, 2 inches really doesnt seem like much to me when I'm visualizing it lifted 2 inch. Does it really make that much difference visually in height?? What are the other benefits of doing this and why do most people lift it? Do you notice enought to warrant 2k?
It seems like so much money to pay for only a few inches.

Why will it set you back 2k?
Tough dog is about 1500 fitted.
Or do it yourself!
I bought lovells 2" 1650 delivered and fitted myself.
Main tools rattle gun and 18, 19 and 21mm sockets, a set of supercheap spring compressors. Oh yeh and a day if you haven't done before.

If your just after the visual appearance you could use spacers. Although ther'e not legal. These things just mount onto the top of the strut and an easy inexpensive mod.
If you shop around you should get a 2 inch lift, raised springs and shocks for under that.
I just forked out about 2 grand for springs and shocks went Kings Springs front, EFS rear, Bilstein Shocks and struts and I can tell you it's not so much the visual aspect although good but it has completly transformed the vehicle. Went for the softer (comfort) spring as I don't tow or carry to much around. Hitting a pot hole before could just about cause loss of control, now it just the slightest thud. So to me it was well worth the cash.

Guys I would like to get some more height out of the Navara as I was parked next to a Hilux and triton the other day and compared to the two of them I have to say the Navara really looked quite low. I know it's petty but couldnt help but have some height envy.

I've heard the best way of doing this is a 2 inch suspension lift but this will set me back around 2k. My question is, 2 inches really doesnt seem like much to me when I'm visualizing it lifted 2 inch. Does it really make that much difference visually in height?? What are the other benefits of doing this and why do most people lift it? Do you notice enought to warrant 2k?
It seems like so much money to pay for only a few inches.

I gather from this question you do not do a lot of off Roading or 4X4 touring? If so then there is no other benefit for you except; as you say "height envy".

For others that use these vehicles in the bush, suspension lift is major. a 2inch lift will increase clearance, approach and departure angles for starters.

Thanks for replies. I have done some off roading and camp every second month but I guess I mean when I look at 2 inches on a ruler I wonder how such a small increase can give such a dramatic improvement. It looks like nothing. I can however understand the benefits re potholes as I know how the back can slip out on gravel roads.

I was parked next to the new Ford Ranger the other day, I swear they have built the bonnet high so it gives the impression it sits heaps higher then other dual cabs. But when I looked down and compared ground clearance (what actually counts), it looked lower then the my 550. The Ranger was stock, so is my 550 for now. Marketing ploy I guess

That's the thing, the SR5 Hilux's and Ford Rangers have taller bodies and give them that "much higher" look compared to D40's.

Why will lift cost you $2000?? I got a full Ironman 2" lift all round, supplied and fit for $1500. Best thing i ever did. Mind you i spent an extra $250 getting Ironman 15mm spacers put in up front to bring the nose up a bit (all up was a bit over 50mm front and 70mm rear in total), so was obviously $1750 parts and labour, but was cash well spent.

Then if you do that, you can squeeze 285's in the guards with a little bit of guard chopping which will give you even more lift on top of that.

i know what you mean a 2inch lifted d40 the other day on stock wheels i parked at ARB on stock tyres was the same height as a stock hliux. I look and the actual cab is larger giving it that visual appearance of being "bigger", although the nav had more ground clearance as mentioned above. i have 5 inches of lift and a hilux with the tough dog 3 inch looks around the same height as mine.

I was parked next to the new Ford Ranger the other day, I swear they have built the bonnet high so it gives the impression it sits heaps higher then other dual cabs. But when I looked down and compared ground clearance (what actually counts), it looked lower then the my 550. The Ranger was stock, so is my 550 for now. Marketing ploy I guess

You bet it is. Notice the design, it's by no mistake, American latest F truck style. I have to admit I don't mind the look of the thing.

Latest posts

Back