Best aftermarket timing chain??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno91

Reaction score
Hey lads, unfortunately it has come time to replace the timing chain in the old girl :pissedoff:, lucky I heard the noise and had it checked, turns out it was over 50% worn so I'm not taking any chances.

I have heard of YD25 double row kits, and this would be convenient as they are located in Brisbane. Anyone used these guys and what did you pay for the kit?

My mechanic has quoted me around $1000 in labor alone and I don't want another genuine nissan chain.. any advice is appreciated, cheers!

Thanks mate I'll give them a call tomorrow, did you get the double or single??

At the time of me needing it - the double was unavailable (due to a parts shortage of the kit)... So after some discussion with them, the single row seemed more than adequate.. It was only $560..

That's the complete kit that replaces all chains, sprockets, tensioners and guides..

if you are after the BEST i would say the kit that YD25 sells would be it, and after reading about how he went about upgrading peoples kits for free once they were installed tells me his dedication to his product is second to none.
everyone that i have heard about give him big wraps, i have not heard one single complaint and the quality of all his latest stuff is brilliant.
Check out his web site and see for your self.
If i was ever going to do a chain i would go with them 100%.

You have the D40 so go the YD25 kit and fit it yourself. Contact Paul from YD25 and have a chat to him. I now have his upgraded kit in my D22 and the quality is the best you will get. He is now making his own parts for the kit because some of the parts he was using from importers just weren't up to the job. For the extra $500 you will never touch it again. The D40 is easier to fit than the D22 due to the oil pump pickup.

Cheers.

Hey mate I purchased Paul's double row chain from yd25. He has just finished a 3 month trip upgrading all the kits he initially sold as there was a chance they were wearing a bit quick mine showed no early wear Can't recommend him any higher should be able to do it yourself if half handy. It is about $1800 from memory.

Latest posts

Back