Best chip for ZD30? What are yas running?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 bolts on the exhaust manifold and then a few bolts on the egr cooler, not real hard at all.

Ok, cheers. I originally tapped mine into the dump pipe while it was out of the car cos I was in a hurry, and wasn't sure if the egr pipe was fastned to the back of the engine or not, but if its as easy as that I will go to the bolt shop and get a plug for the hole in the dumpy and do that. I just had a look and iv got some steel to make blanks - is heavy galvanised steel ok? Its off-cuts from a brick lintel - or will that possibly corrode and send bits through the turbo? Its about 6 or 8 mm thick steel with a heavy zinc plating.

that's how i did mine.

i wouldn't be too worried about corrosion in there.
would be no different to the rest of the exhaust manifold. wouldn't get too much moisture in there to corrode either.

Attachments

• P1000050.JPG
    P1000050.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 187
that's nice work^ you got access to a CNC? mine is going to be hacked up with a 100mm grinder and finished of by file lol. wont be pretty like yours.

mine is nothing like that!! thats a work of art really, mine is as rabbit-shop said his will be. A piece of 6mm galvanized mild steel, cut with a grinder and smoothed off with a file.

i did hit the side of the plate that was going on in the side with a flapper disk to take most of the galvanizing off, just encase some flakes came off in there.

that's nice work^ you got access to a CNC? mine is going to be hacked up with a 100mm grinder and finished of by file lol. wont be pretty like yours.

its nice hey.

i play footy with a bloke who does a heap of cnc work.
i originally did the plate like you guys, then welded a fitting onto it, only the heat slightly warped the plate. when i mentioned it to my mate he said ill make one on the cnc machine in my lunch break.

does the job, its a shame u cant really see it when its bolted in.

Lawry, im not sure if that message went through, I couldn't see it in my sent items, but id say the power keeps feeding in with throttle input more than it did when it was standard - standard, mine was as gutless at 10% throttle as it was with the foot mashed, lol.

Is it ok to run a chip without an intercooler or gauges?

I have a snorkel, 2.5inch exhaust on my zd30. Just want a bit more pulling power when towing on camping trips and a bit more power on soft sand

^ a bit risky without knowing what your EGT's are doing, but i can confirm the chipexpress was safe on mine at normal setting at standard boost. For further piece of mind you can crank up boost pressure a tad to keep temps down - but then you will need a boost gauge so you might as well chuck an egt gauge in too.
I use these; http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_21

Yeah might have to for piece of mind. Is the chipexpress still going well?

Latest posts

Back