MORE FUEL, maxing out chips. zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawry

Reaction score
Ive been through few chips for the zd30.
All i can say is that they vary a lot, from modulation to fuel delivery (spill/fuel pressure sensor)

What chips offer the wildest fuel settings?? as i have found i cant seem to find a chip that deliever nice fuel progression and alot of fuel potential. EG- 4.2TD full mechanical with 12/14mm plungers/boost compensator offer huge increases with fuel put paired with the right turbo/exhaust can maintain decent EGT from around 600/650/700 manifold ( dont worry-i understand why).

So the real question is can you get more fuel even when your chip is maxed as these electronic pumps in the zd30 don't seem to have much leverage. Was thinking of "Bluenav" with his 40-50psi YD25 he cant be just using a chip... a lot of fuel is required to push 350+whp

also to add... i do have water methanol injection, which seems to be the only way i can think of that would push more power.

im already running approx 40/60 mix at 7 gallon per hour (250psi pump).. i could push a heavier mix or more flow but i wanted to see if there was a way to use diesel instead.

current chip: is chip express or DP chip (great modulation but less fuel), previous chip is CHIPIT (shit modulation but more of fuel)

Also to add: i can never get my nav to blow smoke... even on max chip setting.
Currently im sitting on 550-600 manifold temp, i have a lot of wiggle room.

Last edited:
Did a big readup on bluenavs truck...he is running a DTE injector chip from the uk somwhere alongside the fuelrail chip...may have been a pedal box in there too...

What dose this pedal box do? I have heard of it around the forum but don't know what the idea of it is. Is it a D40 only mod also.

What dose this pedal box do? I have heard of it around the forum but don't know what the idea of it is. Is it a D40 only mod also.

Not only a d40 mod. They will work on any car with an electronically controlled throttle. All they do is amplify the signal from the pedal to the ecu so it thinks you have stood on the pedal even when you only accelerate normally.

Have a squizz over at the nissan-navara.net forum I think they have a lot to do with dte chips and pedal boxes and a lot of them use the stuff

Last edited:
Yer but im only after extra fuel for zd30, we can only really resist the spill gate from closing and therefore allowing more fuel per injection cycle.

On my chip express chip these use a potentiometer, or a progressive resistor... would it be possible to re-solder a potentiometer then apply more resistance... Im not familiar with electronics so someone more electronically minded might be able to help.

I was always going to strip my cheap chip down and check it guts...I'm sure its possible to replace some of the components...they should be pretty basic and replacement parts can olways be found on the net.you could add in another fixed resistor just to bump it up

i would look at running a patrol chip. should be the exact same model but more fuel.
or run a fully tunable system (unichip?) that you can program what you like. cost a fair bit more if you have to dyno tune it as well.

the other option is rewrite the ecu. someone was doing it, requires desoldering the ecu chip and soldering in a writeable chip. then you can flash any tune you like to it.

Last edited:
Tweak'e is that primarily for the zd30? Meaning is the only electrically adjustable is the fuel pump pressure..is it a common rail?

Tweak'e is that primarily for the zd30? Meaning is the only electrically adjustable is the fuel pump pressure..is it a common rail?

you need to clarify what you mean.
i was referring to only the non-common rail zd30.

Do you reckon the non common rail zd30 patrol chips would work tweake.
do they run a different injector pump?

The actual components of the chip are very basic.. only 1/3 of the circuit board is used.

wouldn't putting a fitted resistor change fuel delivery throughout the entire rev range?

As far as I know patrol zd30s run the same vp44 injector pump. The main difference was the vnt turbo as opposed to the internal gated one the navaras use. The patrol also uses a AFM, not a map sensor like the d22. What differences there are between the patrol and navara ecu there are I'm not sure though...

Heres the thread Tweake mentioned, he hasn't finished the post so i don't know his final outcome but he was rewriting chips for a yd22. Has some interesting info on how nissan limit power via their programming. http://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/502453-mapping-my-efi-diesel.html
Pretty sure he's a member here using the same name, wouldn't mind knowing how he went.
i havn't caught up with him for ages. can't remember how he got on.
but that wasn't who i was refering to. there is an aussie crowd that does it. send the ecu to them and the solder a rewritable chip in.

As far as I know patrol zd30s run the same vp44 injector pump. The main difference was the vnt turbo as opposed to the internal gated one the navaras use. The patrol also uses a AFM, not a map sensor like the d22. What differences there are between the patrol and navara ecu there are I'm not sure though...
afaik the use the exact same model chip for patrol and navara. just at different settings. i just don't know what those settings are or if they are adjustable.

I wish i knew this before i purchased this chip from the UK.
i wonder if it has a warranty, its from Chip-express. I have a licensed mechanic that can certify the installation.

so as far as i can summarize, the di zd30 patrols run the same injector pump and the chip is compatible with zd30s navaras however with the bonus of more fuel delivery.

should i bother to dig further into changing the potentiometer on the circuit board to something that adds more resistance??

?

Latest posts

Back