Best engine oil for 2006 D40 2.5L TD 250K km's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought my second Navara from the auction yesterday and the low oil light was flashing. I checked dipstick and it seemed full, so will change the oil anyway. My Mechanic said 15W-40 what do you guys recommend? Also do you recommend fully synthetic?

It's an oil pressure light, not a low oil light. I'd change the engine oil & filter (with my fingers crossed lol), but if the dip stick is showing full & the light is on, I think you may have other problems.

Check the easy stuff first, like is the oil pressure switch wiring good, clean & connected.

Hopefully it's not more serious.

It's an oil pressure light, not a low oil light. I'd change the engine oil & filter (with my fingers crossed lol), but if the dip stick is showing full & the light is on, I think you may have other problems.

Check the easy stuff first, like is the oil pressure switch wiring good, clean & connected.

Hopefully it's not more serious.
Just realized it has a DPF on it as well, can that affect power?

Just bought my second Navara from the auction yesterday and the low oil light was flashing. I checked dipstick and it seemed full, so will change the oil anyway. My Mechanic said 15W-40 what do you guys recommend? Also do you recommend fully synthetic?
Best oil is Amsoil Signature series diesel oil which is the first and only 100 % true synthetic. The wear package is the absolute best in the industry.
These engines are very near old technology with very high metal to metal wear ratio parts (cams) which a ultra
quality anti wear package oil is advantageous. Amsoil will outperform all others by literally miles and 25.000 mile oil changes intervals. In the non roller cam shafts the Nissan runs you really need this oil no matter what others say.

Run the Amsoil Diesel Cetane booster and injector cleaner every 3rd tank you'll love it.

Latest posts

Back