Best way to find out what hubs i need for my trailer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOGZ STR

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a hand me down trailer which i'm currently giving some love.
I have already extended the A frame and installed led lights, i also want to give it a good spray job, add some 6 stud hubs, raise it 50mm, put a tool box on the front and finally install a jockey wheel.

I have spoken with my grandfather who did the handing down and he can't tell me what hub/bearings are on the thing atm. They are 4 stud and i remember trying a ford laser's spare and it just didn't fit by a whisker. The missus has just got a 2002 pulsar so i should rip the spare out and give that a go.

Anyway my guess would be gemini hubs with holden bearings, what i was thinking of doing was borrowing a vernier from work overnight and measure it all up.

If anyone has any better ideas please feel free. :rock:

Last edited:
Ok so i went ahead and took a gamble on a set of hubs for $50 from ebay. fitted up nicely but now because i'm wanting to run my spare nav rims and tyres it's rubbing on the inside.

So i'm off to a trailer joint for long wheel studs and some wheel spacers as i need the trailer up and going for xmas. Anyone know any good trailer joints in Melbourne??

Cheers Navarian. after some pondering i have decided that the safer option is to buy a wider axel.

So after work tonight i'm gunna come home and strip the one i have and head to a trailer place. might measure it up and ring around

Could be worth checking with a boat trailer manufacturer.They may have something a bit wider.

That's an idea! Once I have measured mine I'll check. Just found a place in tullamarine that goes up to 77" for $76 so that's not a bad price

yeah hubs are all the same where the bearings go, you just put what ever bearings in to suit the axle weather it be for or holden, holden seem to be more common and cheaper.

bryan

Back