BF Goodrich Or Goodyear Wrangler.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atcmatt

Reaction score
Whats everyone's opinions? One is the a/t and the other a duratrac a/t. Only thing is I can't get the duratrac in a 265/70/16. Goodrich are $250 and Goodyear are $285z Would I be right in saying my ute will be a lot more sluggish with 265/75/16s on it, and speedo will read out? Just confused as to what to do, a lot of money to lash out and then end up hating the ute coz its a slug!

I'd go with the BFGs any day of the week. The wrangler duratracs aren't too bad, but don't get a lot of ks and are way overpriced. If you go from 265 70 16 to 265 75 16, you won't even notice the difference in power, we'll worth it. The price of the tyres might go up a fair bit. Those prices you got are fairly decent prices.

Thanks for your reply. I have bfgs on it at the moment, really liked them. Maybe I should just play it safe and get them again. Decisions decisions. Cheers.

I have the duratrac
Had them for nearly three years now. ( I run off road and road tyres)
They are fantastic! Quiet on the road, chunky as they come too.

I have 265 75 r16 and paid nearly 295 each for them.
In comparison to the BFG's my mates run, they perform the same, but are much quieter on road

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415824616080.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415824616080.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 111
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415824627474.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415824627474.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 116
Oh yeah cheers. Just spewing I can't get them in 265/70/16. Really torn on whether to just get the 75's or get bf's in the 265/70/16.

I am in the exact same pickle mate. Will be going with the 75 series tires either way. Mate runs the duratrac and has done 60000kms and they are still mint condition. done some hard work aswell. I've always wanted the bfg atko and got mixed reviews from mates on them. Those running ifs vehicles said wear was an issue up front(surprise surprise) and those running solid axles said they wore very well but got slippery in wet once down low

Rusty

Yeah it's about 27mm rolling difference. Doesn't sound like much but it probably really is. Really hard decision, big money on something you don't like. I guess at the end of the day better the devil you know than the devil you don't! May just have to get new bfgs!

I'll be up for new boots soon too. Going to get 75s, just haven't decided on brand yet.

They will make the speedo read closer to your actual speed, but the odometer will read less km than you have done, which can be good and bad I guess...

Yeah it's about 27mm rolling difference. Doesn't sound like much but it probably really is. Really hard decision, big money on something you don't like. I guess at the end of the day better the devil you know than the devil you don't! May just have to get new bfgs!

Your going up an inch in the old measure so it's a bit of a difference. It's noticeable just looking at the wheels filling the arch more going from 265/70 to 265/75.

ForumRunner_20141116_201341.jpg
265/70s (Cooper ST)

Vs

ForumRunner_20141116_201401.jpg
265/75 (Cooper ST Maxx)

I also noticed the "loss in power" trying to turn that extra rubber, but with 3" zorst you pick most of that back up.

Mate had Goodyear Wrangler kevlars in 35s on his Patrol. Said they were tough as nails and long wearing but you pay the premium for that.

In saying that, I considered BFGs when I was tossing up cost of Cooper ST Maxxs and MT AT P3s... Narrowed down to Coopers or save coin on the BFGs, forked the extra coin out for Coopers and very happy with em.

I'll be up for new boots soon too. Going to get 75s, just haven't decided on brand yet.

They will make the speedo read closer to your actual speed, but the odometer will read less km than you have done, which can be good and bad I guess...

The speedo actually reads 3.5% (roughly) under your true speed. At least it does on mine. I used a speedo calculator on the net somewhere, I've tested this at 100km/h with a reliable GPS, a GPS phone app, 2 well rated speedo phone apps, highway speed check readings on the Hume and sitting 110 going by the GPS in the 110 zones past speed cameras on the Hume (no fines arrived).

Has anyone used the Achilles Desert Hawk AT's. I'll need new tyres within the next 6 months but I don't want to spend a fortune.

Back