After a good 2" lift, done research. More confused then before

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LthLDC

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have done my research and looked over the previous threads but I'm more confused now then I was when I started.

I've concluded this so far:
Spacers give you small amount of clearence but you loose down travel. Your control arms may also bang. They are illegal ? And probs void insurance better off putting money towards the real thing.

Saw some progressive shackles that give
More flex but they are illegal also :(

Full hog lifts, ironman on cheaper end of the scale but does the job, tough dog seems to be popular and adjustable.

I'm also confused about the stage 1,2,3,4 kits around that are all 40mm increases. How do they work(slowly add to your suspension as you go till you get the desired height?)

I'm about to put on some BF Goodrich Km2's 265/75/r16's on sunraisa's I've read conflicting stories some say they don't scrub, some say you need a lift. Seeing as I'm burning some money I figured I'd do it all at once and get the lift as I was after one eventually anyway. This is my daily so and I don't do a lot of towing just the odd bit of camping, and easy 4x4ing light load so I know I'm after medium springs and I have an alloy bullbar that will probably be replaced with a steelie down the track.

What is the most reliable option and how hard is it to DIY as I have access to a hoist and a workshop.

I'm thinking a toughdog lift is the best way but I also don't know what is a good price and if I can't DIY what's a reliable shop to get it fitted.

Yes I have done a bit of research but there are a few angles I couldn't really get a straight answer for so I've asked. Be nice please =)

spacers can be legalised with mod plate certified from an engineer >> then will pass insurance.
however... opposite lock (ironman dealer) can install spacers to level their kits out without engineer...so thats got me fkd how they get away with it...

better off going the full lift kit if u have the cash but dont expect an epic front lift. U will hover around 30-40mm max front, rear gets good height 70mm ish.

265/75/16 are what most people run (no rubbing) however illegal but just. Few guys had insurance claims with no worries.

if u want more height add 2" body lift which will also need and engineer certificate (mod plate) however this wont provide any more flex

Toughdogs only come hard or soft..unless u been looking at snake racing with their stages kits. I just went hard TD Foam Cells For $1500 bargain. then got pedders to install for $320 inc alignment

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply I think it will be a toughdog 2" with hard springs and bfg's 265/75/R16's. it was good to have someone lay it out cause as I looked more and more into it I got confused. Cheers

get onto this man, zordo, 0418780611 A/H PH/FAX 07 33512692[/B] www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au
he will work thru it with you to find out exactly what you need. i have bought a set from him, but haven't yet had the time to fit it. i ended up with EFS rear leafs, ironman front springs and lovells shocks all round. the front shocks have 2 different sized spacers that fit underneath the spring seat to give different ride heights
he lives across town at upper kedron

Does anyone have any recommendations on bushes to correct the positive camber(saw sticky and ultimate suspension details) I believe after the lift is fitted I need to do an alignment then order the bushes to suit??

How I check if I have to get the bushes or of I can adjust it with out?? Unsure. I know it's a Spanish built D40 08

Last edited:
I've got a set of Tough dog adjustables going cheap , full front struts, springs, shocks & rear adjustable shocks only

PM me, in Sydney.

After several 4wds and the fine tuning of lift kits there is only two I would look at these days. That's Komi and bilistein. Bilistein are in a legue of there own but you will pay for them. My d40 kit was a little over $2000 fitting it my self. The koni's are the best of the rest but what puts them above the likes of tuff dog, ironman and ome are they're rebuildable
At a fraction of what new ones cost. As for springs as far as I know could be wrong but there are only two manufactures king and lovel the rest rebadge these. Very similar lovels however offer longer warranty for an extra cost. Save your self some hart ache and go with the bill steins, my brother recently put a tough dog set up in his triton was all good til he added a bulbar and winch then the front end would bounce down the road. A quick search on here will show other people complaining about this and the simple fix is bilistein shocks the way they are designed compensates for this. I found a good person to explain all of this better is deno at climax suspension he knows his stuff . Hope this helps

get onto this man, zordo, 0418780611 A/H PH/FAX 07 33512692[/B] www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au
he will work thru it with you to find out exactly what you need. i have bought a set from him, but haven't yet had the time to fit it. i ended up with EFS rear leafs, ironman front springs and lovells shocks all round. the front shocks have 2 different sized spacers that fit underneath the spring seat to give different ride heights
he lives across town at upper kedron

Had a chat with Zordo suspension.

I am impressed. Explained thoroughly what the bigger suspension shops weren't able to answer, Excellent pre-sale service and I am definitely going to be purchasing through Zordo.

Im just tossing up whether to drop over to kedron and get it fitted or give it a go my self. Zordo already offered help if i fit it my self with anything I have trouble with and tips for doing it.

I would strongly recommend him and I havent bought the kit yet lol. Great guy.

Latest posts

Back