Bfg mud terrains vs Nitto trail graplers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
Still deciding what tyres to get was going to get some cheapish muddies but am now thinking I'll get a quality tyre. Would like to here from people that have used bfg mts or nitto trail grapplers. I can get the nittos cheaper then the bfg they have a 3 for 4 deal on at the moment. Normally the nittos are a more expensive tyre

I do alot of sand driving during summer but its all mud in winter and rocky tracks so would prefer a muddy

I have got the nitto trail grappler on and can't fault them. They are good in the mud and in sand and also in the wet.

I have got the nitto trail grappler on and can't fault them. They are good in the mud and in sand and also in the wet.

They sound like a great all round tyre. They are apparently bigger then most tyres in the same size, and also a heavier tyre because of the thick side walls. Did you notice any difference in fuel economy with them on

Ive had 2 sets of BFG KM2 MTS and 1 set of bfg ATs
I found the km2 MTs probly the best tyres ive ever tried, got 60000k+ out of both sets with about 50 50 gravel and bitumen use for work. They held on for ages on the farm ute too for many a dirtroad drifty
Also a lot of quality mud slogging as live on rural acreage
Cant be beat for rocky roads and tracks, never got a puncture on dirt roads on BFG MT
Stacks of punctures on cheap yoko ATs
Got Toyo MTs now theyre just as good, little bit noiser on bitumen though if that bothers you

Thats hood mileage for a muddy! Heaps of guys rate the bfg mts very highly. But it will cost me almost $1700 for a set of 5. The nittos are made in the same factory as the toyos even use the same carcass apparently. A set of 5 nittos will cost $1480 so leaning towards them at the moment

Yep BFGs seem to be not discounted much any more, my tyre guy reckoned there's so much demand for them they dont need to. The wait times can be up to 3 months for KM2s!
The toyos are awesome no doubt, i recommend emailing nitto and confirming that the nitto MTs are definitely still made in Japan in the Toyo factory. US and Japanese made rubber seems to be the bomb, it hardens up and last for ages

check out the hancook dynapro mt's i am running them and cant fault them so far, cheap but still a good tire, a muddy but not too aggressive.

Cheers
Bryan

Yep BFGs seem to be not discounted much any more, my tyre guy reckoned there's so much demand for them they dont need to. The wait times can be up to 3 months for KM2s!
The toyos are awesome no doubt, i recommend emailing nitto and confirming that the nitto MTs are definitely still made in Japan in the Toyo factory. US and Japanese made rubber seems to be the bomb, it hardens up and last for ages

I love the look of the BFGs but dont think i will get them just because of the price. I'll see if i can find out where the nittos are made

check out the hancook dynapro mt's i am running them and cant fault them so far, cheap but still a good tire, a muddy but not too aggressive.

Cheers
Bryan

I was originally going to go with the dynapro mt, lots of good reviews about them online. They have a 3 for 4 sale on at the moment to, the best price i can get a set of 5 is $1280. The nittos are only $200 more for a set of 5 and are a better tyre imo

I will always buy good year wrangler, duratrac.
Love them to bits and one hell of a tyre ( the muddy is a monster tyre too)
d5011b80d531fe1ae29209f5588a5464.png

My friend who works as a mobile welder all over outback oz swears by Goodyear duratrac. They are an amazing tyre. He got 4 for 350 each online recently which is a bloody good price for duratracs.
Theyre like an AT MT hybrid, best of both worlds.

I will always buy good year wrangler, duratrac.
Love them to bits and one hell of a tyre ( the muddy is a monster tyre too)
d5011b80d531fe1ae29209f5588a5464.png

I like the look of them but they expensive arnt they? Think i got a quote on them and the kevlar ones a few weeks ago

My friend who works as a mobile welder all over outback oz swears by Goodyear duratrac. They are an amazing tyre. He got 4 for 350 each online recently which is a bloody good price for duratracs.
Theyre like an AT MT hybrid, best of both worlds.

Far out thats bloody cheap

He got em from tyresales.com.au. Price is supply only, so obviously doesn't include fitting, alignment or disposal of old tyres.
Seems to work well to let them sit in a shed for a few months/ year or so if possible to harden

Latest posts

Back