Bigbore 3inch d22 exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcgo

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with a mob on ebay called Bigbore wharehouse in Frankston Vic who have a 3'' exhaust with 2.5 '' dump pipe for D22 with ZD30? Cheers

Hi Mate

I was thinking of the same thing.I have got some quotes for a new exhaust system for my nav.Prices start at $800 to $1500.The system size go from 2in to 3in.I dont know if they are made here or o/s,but for $780 plus post it seem ok.:cheers:

Shane

I got a 2.5" dump pipe to 3" straight through. paid $750 for the whole system from an exhaust shop in brisbane. Its is by far one of the best mods to do to the mighty nav.

Got any contact details for where you got yours from Matty? I'm down at Loganholme, have been to an exhaust shop at Slacks Creek (can't remember thier name) and told that 2 1/2" was as big as they could do. Quoted $900 fitted from memory.

Can u let us know the name and number of the exhaust shop

I got a 2.5" dump pipe to 3" straight through. paid $750 for the whole system from an exhaust shop in brisbane. Its is by far one of the best mods to do to the mighty nav.

can u send the name and number of exhaust shop...most quotes have been over 1400 dollars so far

dave

3' exhaust, turbo back incl, dump pipe, stainless steel cat, no mufflers straight through exhaust. Sounds unreal... heaps better performance.. 05 d22.. well under 1k fitted.

Exotic Exhaust - Sumner Park...

Just need to find a guide to do the egr/butterfly mod now...

3' exhaust, turbo back incl, dump pipe, stainless steel cat, no mufflers straight through exhaust. Sounds unreal... heaps better performance.. 05 d22.. well under 1k fitted.

Exotic Exhaust - Sumner Park...

Just need to find a guide to do the egr/butterfly mod now...

Nice work.
Got a number for them?
Did they fabricate on site or did it come out of a box?

IMO big bore exhaust seems less effective on the 2.5

So IYO then just a dump pipe?
Or as so many others have done 2.5" from the turbo back?
Wandered into local exhaust shop here in Scumbury last week and they had a 2.5cr STR on the hoist welding together a mandrel bent stainless exhaust out of a box - bloke was whinging about low down torque and turbo lag apparently, who would have thought? They reckoned that was the go to resolve this but they were not replacing the dump pipe. $1400 inclusive for fitting was the ask, get stuffed I muttered.

I've done the whole lot on mine, no dramatic improvement.
My advice would be to start with the dump pipe, If there's no significant difference, I wouldn't bother with the rest of the exhaust.

IMO big bore exhaust seems less effective on the 2.5

because it doesn't have the big bottle neck like the 3 litre.
i think the 2.5 get mandrel bent exhaust as standard. most of the restriction will be in the main muffler anyway.

but if your going to do mods later then exhaust is always first thing to do.

but if your going to do mods later then exhaust is always first thing to do.
Well discussing turbo's with a bloke at work that builds BIG ones and the thought is there because he has a few.
Could you elaborate on the above comment Tweake?

.........the thought is there because he has a few.
not sure what you mean by that. but its late over here.

no point trying to squeeze 130kw down an exhaust thats only designed for 100kw. the losses will be high and can be engine damaging.
more flow through the same exhaust means more back pressure against the turbo which means more drive pressure required to maintain required pressure drop, so engine sees a lot high back pressure which increases the amount of exhaust left in the cylinder which increases piston temps. thats not something you want when your pouring the fuel.

if your looking at doing engine upgrades later then yes.
usually exhaust first, then chip or intercooler.

if your looking at doing engine upgrades later then yes.
usually exhaust first, then chip or intercooler.

On my D40 have done 3" zoorst including dump pipe, chip, already have a reasonable intercooler. Results = very little improvement on bottom end power & turbo lag. Overall pretty disappointed, Guy's with the 3 liter seem to be having better results.

Latest posts

Back