Bilstein and dobinsons

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor1985

Reaction score
Firstly I'm over the moon today my bilstein adjustables turned up from the states in 5 days and to add onto the that my dobinsons heavy duty spring package turned up 30 minutes later, if that's not kicking goals I don't know what is. Also might I add heading to Toowoomba tomorrow to get snorkel, iornman winch bar and also iornman 12000 pound with dyneema put in. Suspension gets put in Monday can't wait.

I would be very interested in seeing / hearing the suspension results , as I've just ordered similar , adjustable bilsteins struts and rears , but with tough dog coils and leafs

Steve the ride is awesome it was abit bouncy at first but everything has settled now and the ride is great. Where did you order your shocks from?

Getting them from 4wd1 , what are the model number of the ones you got ? And if you could pm me what they cost you delivered to aus

Firstly I'm over the moon today my bilstein adjustables turned up from the states in 5 days and to add onto the that my dobinsons heavy duty spring package turned up 30 minutes later, if that's not kicking goals I don't know what is. Also might I add heading to Toowoomba tomorrow to get snorkel, iornman winch bar and also iornman 12000 pound with dyneema put in. Suspension gets put in Monday can't wait.

How much did the adjustables set you back?

Hey guys Trev here had to change all my details because my email got hacked. Nut anyway the suspension ride is absolutely awesome I got just over 3 inches in the front and about the same in the back. Now the front has settled roughly on 65 mm and the ride is great bilsteins definitely live up to there name any questions please fire.

Steve will upload some this weekend mate and keep use all up to date with the build

will all start for real next week , lots of stuff coming , but yesterday i fitted an EGR blanking plate , WOW what a difference to the midrange , and almost zero turbo lag now

Hey Trev, I put Bilstein 5100's and MD dobinsons (i only have an alloy bar) in mine, but I've found the shocks on the 2nd clip limit the down travel way too much, have you had this problem? I'm looking at moving the clip to the bottom and running a spacer for the height. I thought I had UCA and coil bucket contact, but it actually appears to be the shock being at max length, not contact

Yeh mate not much down travel at all, I'm organising a body lift and upper control arms on my next break prob just gonna get zordo to do it all hopefully should help a lot.

IMO
Down travel = static sag
small static sag = big height = stiff ride
Big static sag = small height = comfort ride
As far as I was told:
)- The size and the compression of the springs should be adjusted accordingly with the weight of the car and achieve a 20-30% of total travel as static sag (which will be your down travel).
)- After the springs are set you can adjust the car height by changing the POSITION of the shocks by installing spacers.
To me it makes sense but I could be wrong.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back