Bit of advice on 2010 D22 issue's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushbasher

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a couple of issue’s I was looking for advice on…

1. I have a 2010 D22 dual cab and recently took it off-road for the first time and noticed that when I make a left turn over bumpy terrain I get a fairly loud “knocking” noise that appears to be coming from the front right hand suspension.

Have had a good look at the suspension but couldn’t see anything that stood out as the cause (but I am a novice).

Anyone come across this before or any idea’s what this could be? Obviously still under warranty but am curious if I have inadvertently caused it?

2. Since going off-road and some of it was quite bumpy, corregated etc I seem to have an annoying loud squeaky noise coming from the (terminology??) front seatbelt retractor thingies (where they go when not in use).

Has anyone else had this occur?

Many thanks,

BB

1 will more then likely be the steering stops need greasing.

2 no idea. Tell Nissan to fix it.

Interesting, i have a 2010 D22 aswell does the same thing but i have only noticed it on a hard right.
Will look at mine aswell, Keep me posted on yours Bushbasher let me know if you manage to fix the problem...

I have a nov2010 D22 and mine makes a loud creak/crack when I have full lock and reverse out of my driveway. It does it both lock left and right. The noise kind of sounds like metal slipping. Like a bolt or tie rod moving. I'll try get my wife to video it.

All these noises us 2010 onward Nav owners are complaining about are the steering stops.
Apparently they use to be a nylon stop but are now metal and need constant greasing...

Hi All,

I have a couple of issue’s I was looking for advice on…

1. I have a 2010 D22 dual cab and recently took it off-road for the first time and noticed that when I make a left turn over bumpy terrain I get a fairly loud “knocking” noise that appears to be coming from the front right hand suspension.

Have had a good look at the suspension but couldn’t see anything that stood out as the cause (but I am a novice).

Anyone come across this before or any idea’s what this could be? Obviously still under warranty but am curious if I have inadvertently caused it?

2. Since going off-road and some of it was quite bumpy, corregated etc I seem to have an annoying loud squeaky noise coming from the (terminology??) front seatbelt retractor thingies (where they go when not in use).

Has anyone else had this occur?

Many thanks,

BB
I have a 2010 d22 and i get that loud squeaking noise too does yours sound like plastic rubbing on plastic?

i have an 09 d22 and my front thumping noise was body mounts falling out. also the squeak should just be getting fixed by nissan. all they do is pull the cover off and put some silicone spray on it and thats the fix...i have not heard the steering stop thing before.

goodluck
Rusty

Hey Clint Buzz,

Yes mate, sounds exactly as you mentioned...Post below yours explains what it may well be so I will be giving that a go and will let you know if that fixes it.

Cheers,

BB

Thanks to all for the replies...Sounds like the Steering stops may be the culprit so will check it out and let you all know if that resolves the problem.

Cheers,

BB

i have an 09 d22 and my front thumping noise was body mounts falling out. also the squeak should just be getting fixed by nissan. all they do is pull the cover off and put some silicone spray on it and thats the fix...i have not heard the steering stop thing before.

goodluck
Rusty

I also had this knocking sound on the right side of my 2010 D22 and they replaced the body mounts under warranty.

Haven't heard it since.

Thanks fzrr, will check engine mounts & steering stops to be sure and will advise once resolved...

Cheers,
BB

Hi i have a 2010 str d22 and had the same problems whilst off road..it was the bumpstops..
After i replaced the shockers to bigger 4wd shocks the noise went away.
but still at full lock i get the clicking noise when turning.

wow i thought i was the only one. i have a 2009 str 2.5 and i had those loud banging noises too. it only happened when turning left.

My car had onle done 20,000kms .

Nissan had it for 3 days and found 4 out of the 6 main body mounts totally stuffed.

Brand new car and im wondering what else is gonna fall apart.

Im glad im not the only one

Thanks to all for the replies...Sounds like the Steering stops may be the culprit so will check it out and let you all know if that resolves the problem.

Cheers,

BB

Thats what nissan kept telling me which in the end was rubbish, the banging noise i was getting was the body mounts.

How can they be so faulty on brand new cars.... rubbish if you ask me.

Im pretty disapointed with my 09 st-r, ride is bumpy, fitted bullbar and if you check out the front bump stops its just about sitting on them.

Docop had the same problam with his body mounts and Nissan replaced them with patrol body mounts.The squek and knocks on full lock are the bump stops as the ntlon end caps fall off and it is metal to metal.Nothing to worry about really.Mine has done it for years.

Ive got the same problem, bought a 2010, new last year, and its has started doing that over the last couple of months, but whats pissing me offis the fact that from day one ive been telling nissan that the front end is so rigid that its shaking the crap out of the whole car. Its got to the point where the drivers doors are rattlingover the smallest bumps in the the road and the car is shaking on what looks like smooth bits of road that i cant even see bumps on!! Anyone else experiencing anything like this? and any recomendations on a 2inch lift/suspension package? thanks.

Back