Blew a shock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
I was most surprised the other day when I went to get some wood. I heard a loud noise whilst going up a gutter. Having a look under the vehicle, copious amounts of oil all over the shock. Not even sure when it happened.
Not even had a hard run or anything, just went. Anyone else had that happen before? Just a tad annoying.
:confused2:

Yeah mate, had a rancho go on my patrol once going over speed humps in a car park. The first few were smooth then the next one not so. One of my front shocks just went solid. Good thing was they replaced it no questions asked even out of warranty because they said even when they do fail they shouldn't go solid. Happy days.

had a shock top seal go on my old toyo. blew oil out.
bloody monroe shocks didn't come with any boots so crap got in and stuffed the top seal.

Blown Shock/Bent shock mount

Well surprised as I was now I am at a loss!!! I had an old TD shock from my last change out, kept as a spare. Lucky. Anyway I had a lot of trouble getting the old one off, not to mention the rubber bushing was relatively destroyed.
I managed to get it out, but way harder than it should be.

So I go to put in the new one, won't fit. I look at the shock mounts on the LCA and low and behold, BENT! Yep, bent. WTF. Seriously cannot think of any force that could cause those to bend.

Would the fact I changed out the bushes in the LCA and haven't had it aligned cause that sort of twisting/yaw force?

It doesn't even make sense. Then I noticed that the internal sleeve on the old shock (leaking) was actually deformed on the inside like it had a large force crush it.

I considered if I had over tightened the bolt last time, but I used a torque wrench and used the book settings.

Seriously can not win these days!

Latest posts

Back