Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor not pairing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJJ84

Reaction score
Hi all

I just bought a bluetooth OBD adaptor to run the torque program with my Galaxy S2 but can't get it to pair with the phone as I don't have the PIN.

I've tried 0000, 1234, 4321, 6789 and then msg'd the seller who told me to try 8888 and that didn't work either.

Has anyone bought one of these adaptors, and if so, what PIN did you use to connect it?

Here's the link to the item
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-ELM...ner-adapter-tool-/271237534216#ht_4559wt_1170

Cheers

Brett

Mine didn't ask for a pin number
Works fine
I bought mine from China for $50
Sounds like u got a cheap copy

Try another device...laptop,phone or tablet....if it won't pair send it back its broken.it should pair no problems.mine is 1234 password and always connects

mine didnt pair either. Vendor then said it didnt work on win xp, 7 or 8 nor with samsung phones. eventually got my money back.They still havent put this message on their adverts. Would only refund my money if I changed my feedback!!! May have been a different vendor.Same item and software was pirated and my virus checker cleaned a virus off it!!

I'd try another phone with it first, Samsung have had minor issues with bluetooth communications - even some of my phones have given me grief until I've powered off (and removed the battery) the phone to fully reset it. This includes a Samsung Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note II and my current Galaxy S4.

Try it with an iPhone. The phone might not be able to do the monitoring, but ANY bluetooth device ought to be able to at least pair with any other BT device that is capable of the particular BT revision (eg BT 2).

If it doesn't work demand a refund, send it back, shop elsewhere. If it's your samsung phone, try a software update.

Root it and flash a current rom android 4.2 or later if the software update doesn't turn up anything.wonder about the windows issue?I was un aware of any incompatabilitys

Message from eBay supplier
Dear panuara,

Hi dear friend,
Thank you for your message.
Pls try 0000, 8888, 1234, 6789 to see if it works well or not.
And this item cannot work with iphone, ipad, samsung, windows7 and vista.
Any other problem pls feel free to contact us. :)
Have a nice day and best regards,
Abby

- e-battery11

Ive got galaxy s3 never had a problem pairing to the obdll. I never had to put a password in.
In touque under settings there is something change to over come the Samsung bluethooth issue

Latest posts

Back