"BOBYS" – D21 King Cab 4x4 VG33E Buildlog

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking Bobys home on Sunday, all going now. Just have to put doors trims, new buckets and bullbar back on. Will post up pics next week of the finished project............................... A real big thanks to Dion for his effort, knowledge and care. :)

Looking forward to the pics

Anything you're specifically after? I can check my collection of photos.

All pics requests are now to go to Steve, haha. As he is the custodian now.

Anybody thinking of this type of swap, I have plenty of advice to offer: just PM me and I will overload you with information, including all the shortcuts I wish I'd known.

I'll chuck some info when I'm on a pc rather than my mobile.

Just like to see the finished product as this is so similar to what I had planned for mine back in the day

Steve can chuck up some photos of the finished product when he's ready?

I can add some of the upgraded seats:

I had some Terrano seats for it but the driver's one had a twisted backrest frame as I got them from a Terrano where an old bloke had done the standard mistake-accelerator-for-brake, it's-not-stopping-push-harder-on-the-"brake" in reverse and nailed a telegraph pole backwards at a fair pace... Swapped in a backrest frame from a seat with a worn out base.
BuildLog_001_Large_.jpg

BuildLog_002_Large_.jpg

BuildLog_003_Large_.jpg

BuildLog_004_Large_.jpg

Well, done 400k this week and all good. No errors or probs with running gear.so I'm tipping there will be none in the future. A medal to Dion for workmanship . Will put the new door trims on tomorrow, and have ordered the new tarp. :)

I bet you're loving my old V6 Steve.
Hi Scotty, I know you once said " wouldn't pull the skin off a custard" but mate, if you ever drove a clapped out z24? A postie bike would be a step up. Lol. All good mate, your v6 is just fine for my application . Especially in a 24 yo king cab :)

Below is a list of "to do" things left on Bobys. Rooflining, steel bullbar to replace old alloy one. Alloy boxes under tray to replace shitty old steel ones. Big spotties to replace little Narvas. A pair of extra mufflers to quieten down the twin system. In dash UHF. Regas the A/C for summer. Remove the whole LPG kit that was running the old Z24. All this will be done in next few months with a little help from a good friend.

Latest posts

Back