Bodgie car audio installers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber.2

Reaction score
My daughter has a holden cruze and had an upgrade done to her stereo , she already had a amp but the radio installer talked her into putting in a sub with pioneer speakers with tweeters he told her the sound would be a lot better , But after picking up her car she found very little difference and every time she uses her blinkers the sound comes out through the speakers .
She rang him and he tried to tell her it was normal ,What a load of BS ,
I rang the local auto electrician and he said it sounds like the unit or the speakers aren't grounded correctly ,
Any one here can give me some information on what is causing the feed back from her blinkers ??

And this company has adds running on win Tv but when she went there ,there was only young men doing the installations ??

The earth wont matter Amber the power to the sub has been tapped into the fusebox and the interference is due to that a sub does uses a bit of power the installer should of gone direct to the battery check where the positive is he needs to go to the battery.
HJ

Also needs it's own big ass fuse in a clear fuse holder, u can pick up an installation kit from most Auto Pro/Supercheap type shops.

The alternator can also cause a whistling sound to come through the speakers depending on where the power/accesory power has been sourced from on a cheap install, needs a little box in the power wire that deans that feedback, can't remember what it's called.

The young blokes at Dick Smith's are usually more than happy to help you out and profess how much they know, in my experience they know a thing or two about auto electrics in there, or atleast one of them will!

Well she had the work done at Frankies in woolongong who are supposed to be the experts , The fact is they told her it was normal with the Holden Cruze ???

Complain to the manager and head office. Thats just not good enough, they should fix it or refund the cost of the install or both. Dodgy pr1cks

It's like any install they have rushed it to get the job done but being a young lady they don't care most put up with it but go back and up your voice most of these clowns will walk all over you if they get away with it.

Yep, go to the Manager. If no satisfaction there, then go to State/Main office Manager.
Keep calm, and civil. But do mention that you know that this sound being made through the speakers is NOT normal for any quality car audio install. Oh and having on hand the Consumer Affairs phone number in NSW would be a big help too.

The power lead filter is called a "Noise Suppressor", but it should not be needed in a quality install, with power sourced from the Battery, not the vehicle fuse panel.
Ground loops are a pain in car audio installs, If possible make sure both the AMP and head unit are grounded to vgood solid earth points, or if possible the battery. Sounds overkill, but much less points of noise contamination entering the sound system if power and grounds are best possible.

Get on their facebook as well. I've found companies quick to respond to social media and they (in my experience) have always offered a solution or options that suit me.

Well she went back today and his solution was to disconnect the tweeters, as this was where the indicator sound was coming from , Now ive sent her a text telling her to ask for a refund on the supply and installation of the tweeters , Apparently he told her the Holden Cruzes run the blinkers and chimes through the radio and that's is why with the new Sub and rear speakers and tweeters has the problem .. Frankies in Woolongong is a very large company surely there must be a solution . better than disconnection the tweeters ?

Are the sub, splits and rear speakers all running off one amp? If so, it wont be loud. Best running one small amp for the sub and a bigger one for the in cabin speakers. Will sound heaps better.

A cheap head unit wont help either. In my first car i ran one big amp for the 6 speakers, an Alpine TypeX head unit with two TypeX subs off another amp with a second battery powering it all.

frankies are good a custom but sounds like you got a dodgy installer. Def got a bad earth somewhere along the line.

check for a power lead to the amp (with fuse) from battery. Check for seperate remote wire. Check for grounding on the amp and location.

Remove the earth from amp and see if its any different.

What are the details of the head unit, speakers, amp (2/4/5 chan) and sub. Let me know and we can work this out.

given the headunit would of been removed to install it could also be an issue with the earth at the headunit

Daughter just rang me , she saw a senior auto electrician at Frankies who has fixed the problem , only now she has lost the open door chimes ,and no more indicator noise, He told her she needed a separate speaker under the dash if she needed the chimes ?

Daughter just rang me , she saw a senior auto electrician at Frankies who has fixed the problem , only now she has lost the open door chimes ,and no more indicator noise, He told her she needed a separate speaker under the dash if she needed the chimes ?

thats bs. door chimes go to a seperate speaker mounted under the dash. 2 wire simple diode type. Has nothing to do with stereo. Tho saying that its usually only when keys are in ignition or/and at the on position.

depends on what car tho

A simple supressor or diodes need to be out in to rectify this problem, but she shouldn't need to lose door chimes etc because of an install

Latest posts

Back