Body Lift - Issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderss

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2" body lift to get some extra height out my Nav so I can put some bigger tyres on it without pushing my suspension height to the absolute max. So I'm just wondering the issues I may come across in doing a body lift? I know my bullbar mounts will have to be extended buy 2", fuel filler pipe, diff breathers and brake lines but what about steering components? And I've also heard Navara's have a tendency to crack floor pans once they've had a body lift... Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can get everything sorted before I lift it!

Cheers, Anders

There is enough movement if you loosen the bolts on the steering spline then tighten after. Not sure of the cracking issue, I've never heard of it.

Never heard about cracking floorpans.

Brakelines dont need changing.

Rear bar needs lifting.

Buy zordos kit, full instructions included.

There is enough movement if you loosen the bolts on the steering spline then tighten after. Not sure of the cracking issue, I've never heard of it.

Thank you! That's what my main concern was haha and well apparently it's common on the Navara's for them to crack according to a local panel beater (also right into his 4WDing)

Never heard about cracking floorpans.

Brakelines dont need changing.

Rear bar needs lifting.

Buy zordos kit, full instructions included.

Hmm, maybe this isn't a thing with the Navara's then...

How do I lift that? New bar or cut and weld new brackets?

That's the kit I was looking at!

I do recall patrols cracking floors, but it isn't necessarily a common thing. You may be able to redrill the brackets for the rear bar, or get rid of it and make a cover panel so you have a better departure angle, especially with a body lift.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Factory rear bar is easy enough, drill 6 new holes about 12-14mm dia and refit.
Aftermarket arb/tjm etc rear bar, lotsa work cutting and welding but can be done.

Have heard of patrols tearing body mounts but i think its because of they way they have been driven.

Latest posts

Back