Body lift????????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went and spoke to a suspension shop the other day that has done heaps of body lifts on d40's and they reckon if you have a bull bar its no problem. but if you have just the standard front bumper like I have when you lift the body the front bumper hits the bolts on those rail under the bumper. and this causes the bumper to twist and after a while you can see the bolts through the plastic. If you look under the wheel arch you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
The Std front bumper is no problem.
you just have to remove the centre skirt section.
Cheers

Have any of the body lifts that are mentioned on this thread been done on an AUTO?. I am keen to to a body lift on my STX dual cab, it sounds straight forward but I have a feeling this is only for the Manual - is there anything else I need to know for the AUTO body lift?

Thanks Scotty. Any other clearance issues for the D40 AUTO body lift that anyone knows about? I think 40mm should be "safe" or can I push it up to the 50mm mark?

To add to the previous post... I have a 50mm suspension lift and was worried about the rear brake line not being long enough for the body lift

D40 50mm body lift needs no extra bits such as brake lines
The biggest problem is the bullbar.
Some bullbars are easy to mod others can be a bitch.
Cheers

Zordo,

Are there any concerns if you have standard front bar + ARB underbody protection?

Hi mate,
Underbody protection is no problem.
with STD front bat you have to remove the centre spoiler section
Cheers

Hi mate,
Underbody protection is no problem.
with STD front bat you have to remove the centre spoiler section
Cheers

Thanks Zordo,

will call you in the next few months as am looking at adding a 50mm lift.

Cheers

Zordo, I have a ARB sahara bar, if i get a body lift do you know if modding the mounting of the bar to get in in line is and easy job? Who woudl i go to for that piece fo work?

THanks

Where abouts are you located?
Most 4b/fabrication shops would be able to have a crack at it. If you are on the Northside I could do it for you. I work for Superior Engineering and have done a heap of them over the years.
I have seen some very average jobs done on bullbars though so take care. Remember that in reality you are modifying an airbag compatible bar so it must be done well.

I will have a look at my ARB bar on a d40 and see what is involved.
Superior normally charge about 250 to do this mod but pm me if you are interested and we might be able to work something out.

Brian

Zordo, I have a ARB sahara bar, if i get a body lift do you know if modding the mounting of the bar to get in in line is and easy job? Who woudl i go to for that piece fo work?

THanks

With a Sahara bar there is an intermediate bkt which can be modded or a new bkt made.
I am sure Brian would have no problems in doing for you.
Cheers

Hey Guys,

I am getting an ECB bar fitted in a couple of weeks and from what i have read i think that it would be a good idea to get a body lift done at the same time so that i don't have to worry about getting the bullbar mounting brackets modified does this make sense or do the brackets still need modification after install???

Cheers for any advice.

Hey Zordo,

I had my mechanic fit your 2 inch body lift for me and it has come up awesome. )Only concern I have is the rear bumper/step. Do you have a set of brackets to bring the rear bumper up?

Cheers
Cam

Hey Zordo,

I had my mechanic fit your 2 inch body lift for me and it has come up awesome. )Only concern I have is the rear bumper/step. Do you have a set of brackets to bring the rear bumper up?

Cheers
Cam

Hi Cam.

You can cut the exsisting bkt & slide up 50mm & the reweld

Cheers

d40 with my 2 inch body lift in it and 2 inch suspension, bullbar mounts modified to suit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i photographed almost every step of the way when doing my body lift as i could not a find a write up on it,so i thought i might create one, if anyone is intrested in seeing the pics let me no and i will post up a write up for people wanting to do it themselves or just hit me with any questions

cheers boxy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back