Body Lifts - Whats the real answer??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenstr

Reaction score
QLD is allowed to have a body lift.
NSW is not.

Does anyone know the thinking behind this?

All states have there own regulatory body that has there own rules Vic has Vicroads NSW has RTA, it's up to each state as to what they will allow.
I know in QLD a few years back you had to get a roady done on your car every year, not sure if that is still the case or not.

g'day mate, i recently spoke to a bloke in brisbane that does mod plates.

I have a stock 2010 D40 king cab and want to put a 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and throw some 265 75 r16 rubber on it.

The way he explained it, was if i was to present the ute to him with the body lift only, no suspension or new rubber he could plate it as a K3 as per normal. If i was however present the ute to him with the suspension done and new rubber with body lift, he would have to code it LS9 and LS10. The drama with that is with the LS9 and LS10 to be certified, you have to go thru lane change tests etc. which can turn it into an expensive exercise to make it all legal.

If i had of pulled my finger out and got it all done before April 30th, when the NCOP was adopted in QLD, all mods could of been done under the K3 code no LS9 or LS10, no lane change tests, no worries.

There is nothing stopping you doing the body lift first to get the K3 code and do your other mods after but if the DOT or a knowledgable boy on blue pulls you over, you could be in for some drama. He said some points of the new NCOP were under review in QLD, so hopefully common sense can prevail.

Clear as mud i know but hopefully helps you at a little bit.

Cheers, Mick.

Last edited:
QLD has adopted the NCOP and has its own variant for light trucks/4wd's

you are allowed 50mm suspension lift, 50mm body lift, 25mm tyre lift (so increase of 50mm OD)

the Body lift must be mod plated, Zordo has a guy in brisbane that does them afaik.

Aslong as you get the body lift plated first with no suspension lift o bigger tyres. To get the body lift plated after suspension and rubber requires lane change tests etc.

From what i was told the other day the variant for QLD to do all 3 mods on a K3 code isnt official yet as they are still looking at the ins and outs of it.

Cheers, Mick.

Back