Boost gauge and boost controller problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkev

Reaction score
Hey just wondering I just got my self a boost controller and boost gauge the gauge reads 15psi but as soon as wind the controller out the boost gauge reads lower I have a yd25 I have installed the gauge after the controller before the actuator which wondering if I have the boost gauge in the wrong spot

from reading other threads on here apparently you can't have the controller and the gauge on the same line or the gauge doesn't read properly. i don't know how that works, but anyway you'd need to have the gauge connected between the turbo and the controller, not the controller and the wastegate to get a proper reading anyway.

i'd try changing the hoses over first and see if that works before doing anything else

Check my thread. I have boost controller and gauge installed. I have the controller between turbo and controller I'm pretty sure. And gauge is reading off the intercooler with a fitting welded into it.

Rusty

Mate, I have played with turbos abit, do not run the guage off the acuator line at all.
Run it off the inlet manifold post inercooler to get an accurate reading of what your engine is actually recieving.
Remember that your actuator line will now be bleeding air via your manual boost controller under boost to fool the actuator into seeing less pressure on its diaphraghm,hence not opening your wasgate valve asmuch/as quickly,resulting in more exhaust gas flow/boost.

Cool cheers rusty just wondering if I could get a pic of where on the inter cooler and zakka and the intercooler post is the one on the drivers side of the vechile

I have had 0 issues with my boost gauge setup fin running off the cold side of intercooler. My gauge came withs small water filter which you stuck inline with the boost hose running into can. No water or anything in it yet and get perfect readings all the time.

the filter helps stop oil getting to the gauge and also dampens out the pulses. some gauges will flicker due to the pulses.

I would recommend installing one. Unsure of where you would buy one. Maybe try an auto store and ask whoever deals with gauges etc. Saves oil water dirt etc getting to your gauge and busting it. I purchased a Road Runner Gauge off eBay and have found them faultless and good quality, responsive, came with everything required for install. Only thing I changed was I got myself some red boost/vacuum hose to add colour under the bonnet

Latest posts

Back