Boost Gauge Troubles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1DG3Y

Reaction score
I have recently installed an Autometer Ultra Lite II Boost Gauge and am having some troubles with the plumbing side of it. I put the Brass T-Piece into the Boost Sensor line and It only seems too read maximum boost as 9-10 PSI.. i have also tried with a spare SAAS Gauge i have and am getting the same results, even once i wound the boost up. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Cheers
Adam

is yours the 3 lt ? did you tee in right before the boost sensor that sits at the top of the inlet manifold

The most obvious answer would be a leak that doesn't occur till boost reaches 9 psi. Hoseclamps, spilt in hose, manifold leak?

checked all those man.. had a bit of a spray around with soapy water, had a chat too a few other guys and they have narrowed it down to blocked or restricted cat conv, or MAP sensor.. thoughts?

whats the power like?
is egr blocked off?
you are going over 3000rpm ? as you won't see max boost untill then (stock engine).

I'd be looking more at a stuck wastegate too, if you are getting the rpm up there... Do you have an egt gauge too? What are the temps like? How does it "feel"? Does it feel down on power or about the same as it always has?

Egr is blocked, and power feels fine until I get too a hill then it's gutless as hell.. I have an egr gauge but it's not hooked up yet.. I T'd into the waste gate line this morning and was getting the same result.. Around 9 psi between 3-3500 rpm

yes it could be starving of fuel or have an intake restriction somewhere.
i know of a few that have had rags stuck in the intake pipes.

Someone else had a problem recently and it turned out their EGR blank plate had blown thru and the EGR valve was stuck open so the engine was being flooded with exhaust gas constantly. Might be worth checking yours.

what do you mean by "blown through"?
yeah it gets too 100 but struggles to stay there, like slight hills and it becomes gutless.. could it be map/boost sensor?

oh haha nah man i removed the pipe and made some blocking plates out of 6mm steel ( a little rough but meh haha)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back