Boost level?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
Just brought a boost controller. woundering what levels are safe to use and what level of boost guys are running?

Just brought a boost controller. woundering what levels are safe to use and what level of boost guys are running?

Im running mine at 18psi however thats with a chip, FMIC, exhaust and soon to be water/meth.

I am going to guess you have a ZD30. I have seen people run them at 20psi but the safest bet is 18psi. A lot of guys are running at that.

Yer thats a zd30, I can get to 20psi safely with water meth pre turbo- nozzle.
but 18psi is good enough for now, want reliability rather than all out torque.

I run 17-18psi with big exhaust, water/air cooler and remapped ecu. As far as I am aware the ecu goes into limp mode with boost higher then 20psi.

Only to a certain extent. Depending how high you raise it you could damage the pistons from having it to lean.

The best way to get more power out of a diesel is by using more fuel. On DI and CRD the fuel injection is ECU controlled so a chip is needed to boost fuel input.

You can gain more torque but i wouldn't say kw's.
The more pressure forcing the piston down after combustion the more torque.
But as everyone says get a boost, and EGT gauge before you do anything.
hope that helps.
if you want more power just run a chip, then you can go nuts on the boost.

the problem is they already run 15psi+ boost without an intercooler. increasing boost also increases intake heat and turbo runs less efficiently.
you need to intercool first.

if you want power you need fuel, simple as that.

just ordered intercooler so when this arives would it be safe or am I better off just waiting till I can afford a chip too?

Agreed the intercooler will help a fair bit. But as stated until you can get more fuel into the mixture there won't be that great of an improvement.

Latest posts

Back