Bought a D40 - Melbourne

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWij

Reaction score
Hi,

Figure I should do the obligatory introduction!

I'm Matt, From Hawthorn in VIC. I bought my Navara about 3 months ago and am loving it so far! Its a March 2010 Thai built D40, Bottom of the barrel RX 4x4 model.

Previous owner ticked the box on a few extras like colour matched handles, alloys and then had an ARB bar and sidesteps installed as well as a 80ch UHF unit. She has 140,000K's on the clock which is not bad.

Didnt know of the YD25's timing chain issues until about a week after buying her and sure enough I have a fairly loud rattle for about 10 seconds at start up.. SIGH, so the entire lot is getting done in 2 weeks now.

As for what I have done to the car in the 3 months:

Replaced the death-master 5000 tyres.
3" Turbo back exhaust with DPF delete
EGR got dealt with and catch can to stop the goop.
Alloy hot side pipe for the turbo
New thick full alloy inter cooler
Reinforced Silicone cold side pipe
Android GPS Head unit.

Once the timing chain is done, she will be thrown on a dyno and ECU will get re-mapped. Should be getting 160kW/500nM if she is running properly, but id really love to get the car to STX-550 levels at 170kW 550nM.

I also have some rock sliders/side steps on the way to replace the current alloy ARB job that dosent do much other than get in the way, the new ones should match the rear bar too. There's also a reverse cam to install sitting in a box at the moment..

After that, the plan is 2" lift with adjustable tough dogs(probably) and probably some under body protection. I'll see how the engine temps go after these mods but potentially may drop in a new radiator. I have already seen it creep up to 110*C just driving around the hills and I expect to do some long trips in the car going off road so it could be of some benefit.

The day I traded in my Mazda for the D40, big change!

Welcome Matt, shame about the chain it seems to be the luck of the draw. The poor car is begging for a lift and sliders, those sidesteps look like a plough.

Latest posts

Back