BOV on a ZD30 can it be done

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greynavara

Reaction score
hi has any one fitted a BOV to a 3ltr TD ZD30 Nissan navara if so how did you do it

my mate had a spare BOV and asked if i wanted it and did a search found out it was useless so i told him to keep it

they do have a throttle valve and a BOV can be made to work on a diesel.
how well it works depends on if you leave the throttle butterfly working.
most here just to the egr butterfly mod which disables it, which makes a bov fairly pointless.

Yes,
the point of the BOV being to release excess air pressure from the pipework, to stop it being sent back to the turbo...
Diesels, even with the butterfly active, will eat up whatever pressures in the pipes when you back-off anyway, it not like a petrol motor that goes from Boost/Na straight away, the diesel just consumes less fuel and backs off, still making use of the pipes pressures.

if your ruining huge boost then sure a BOV would be useful to help remove the pressure.
there are diesel BOV kits on the market, that use electric solenoids to activate the BOV and sensors wires into the throttle sensor..so its all activated electronically.

without a full active butterfly in the pipework there is no way to make a diesel get the pressure differences required to activate a bov.

you don't use the pressure difference to activate the BOV on a diesel. typically use the vacuum system and electronically control valve.
it does make a bit of a difference. tho generally not worth mucking around with unless you want every last scrap of performance.

btw some diesels do have a mechanical throttle controlled butterfly and they can make vacuum in the intake.

zd30, disabling the butterfly is a cheaper way.
yd25 has electronic controlled butterfly so may have some use.
v9x electronic butterfly but also high boost which may mean bov might make more of a difference.

Latest posts

Back