brake lights not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WD40

Reaction score
So early this year,the brake light fuse blew replaced the fuse but it blew again,it throws the orange engine light up on the dash,took it to nissan and they fixed it said it was a short in the canopy,today i fitted a 2inch lift into her and it has done the fuse again,has anyone elsehad this problem?2012 d22 str gonna take it back to nissan on monday.i was thinking maybe a faulty brakelight switch.

Yeah ive looked at that tony,cant find anything,and nissan at the time couldent show me where the short was so cant check that spot,wouldent have thought it would have pulled the wiring with the lift kit as it hasent moved the cab only suspension,i got nissan roadside side still might let them have a look and take it down in the morning,would undoing the abs sensers on the leave springs upset any thing,i know i was very carful pulling the old ones out and putting the new ones in.

They'd be independent for all sorts of reasons. I doubt a suspension lift would cause it to shift, but if they've been under it fiddling, there's no telling what they could have done.

So after a trip to nissan thismorning,then to the arb factory its all fixed,nissan cleared the fault light and told me the canopy brake light had a broken wire and i had to go to arb,they were real good down there,fitted me in redid some wiring and off i went hopfully no more dramas.

Latest posts

Back