Brendans 2012 D22 STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr1jz

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been a member on here for a while and decided I better pull my finger out and create a build thread.

I purchased my D22 halfway through October and surprisingly the new car sales team was a pleasure to deal with and were extremely efficient.
I wish I could say the same for the service and PD departments.

After a week of owning the Nav, it had to be taken back to have the bump stops greased and a rattle from what sounded like the exhaust. The service advisor told me it would be a little over two hours and not the 9 hours that they actually took.

The Nav has been back again since and now for a tub that doesn't line up with the body. It is flush on the passenger side and 10-12mm inwards on the drivers side.
Nissan has told me that I am the first and that my vehicle will be the one that they base the service fix on. (Pull the tub off and elongate the holes)

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

I am looking at removing the tub liner shortly and replacing with Raptor liner as it will work better with my plans.

I am also looking at the following list as a plan of attack.

ARB canopy
Tough dog 2" lift kit
Nissan steel bullbar
Nissan snorkel
Black steel rims with current AT's until they wear out
Draw sliders
Fridge(looking at Ironman but would love an Engel)
Lights and CB
Scotty rock slider and brush bars'
Roof rack and cage with awning
Battery isolator kit

Mate I had the same issue with my tub.
Nissan didn't want a bar of it and said it was the way it is.
Got home undone the bolts and elongated the front holes (pain in the arse to get a drill bit in there) moved it over and now has the same margin on both sides.

They were a bit hesitant to begin with but u hammered them with it and I had the new car salesman backing me up which was a huge surprise.

I took it out on its first run up to Stockton about three weeks ago and had a blast. I went up there with my uncle in his D40, my other uncle and his 80 series, my parents FJ and a mate's 03 STR.
My uncle hit a branch that was buried in sand and destroyed his factory protector plate.
We got it fixed for him but it got me thinking that it would be best to get some protection for the future.

I searched through and found that Ironman was great value for money. I popped in to "off road warehouse" at Penrith and they happened to have them in stock.

IMAG0196.jpg

They fit great but the instructions suck.

Also thought I would add some pics of my other toy for those interested.

1316657142478.jpg

IMAG0074-1.jpg

FB_IMG_13456007516579318.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

Both Toys, thoroughly awesome. :D

How is the Ironman Under body protection going?

I've got a problem with my stock bash plate, is when I bottom out the bash plate slides over the ground and because the bold heads protrude out from the plate they shear off and the bash plate falls off :(

Haven't tested the plate yet due to work committments. I'm also concerned for the bolt head and I'm thinking I might replace them with cap screws so there is less chance of damaging the head of the bolt.

Cap heads get bashed about too -- I've been considering some stainless button-heads.

Cheers Brett.

The cressida made just under 400hp at the wheels with it's previous tune on pump fuel.
It now runs on E85 and with the cams installed I should be seeing around 500-550hp at the wheels.

Cheers Brett.

The cressida made just under 400hp at the wheels with it's previous tune on pump fuel.
It now runs on E85 and with the cams installed I should be seeing around 500-550hp at the wheels.

Shit hot! Had a mate buy his missus a cressida and did quite a bit of work to it but kept it stock looking as with hub caps and all and it gave quite a few ss comonwhores / other cars a decent run for their money :) Looked tidy as, must see if i can get a picture off him.

Looks good

Brett

Went out with some Sydney boys about a 6 week's ago up to newnes and had a blast but ended poorly with Aaron's car being written off.
This got me thinking that a steel bullbar was next on the list.
I headed down to "van and Ute extras" at kings park and I must say the service was fantastic.
These guys were polite knowledgeable and did everything they said they would or what I asked of them.

IMAG0249_zpsdc53b67d.jpg

I also wired the indicators and park lights in myself with waterproof connectors as the original Ironman items
were shit.

I also picked up a supercheap compressor( same as other brands) for staff price as the other half works for the company. Cost me $95 so I have no complaints about it and it is what it is.

IMAG0253_zps7d7dce7c.jpg

Latest posts

Back