Bridgestone D697's, anyone used them?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nissan Nut

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking at getting the Bridgestone Dueler A/T D697, for my D40, and selling the Good Year Wrangler H/T's 255/65/17's that are on it..

Has anyone used them before? If so are they Noisy/ how's the handling, good off road, etc? :stupid:

If there anything like the ones on our XTrail they last a long time, and take a beating...

Cheers M.. :)

Got then on my d22 and thoroughly enjoy them. They are quiet and responsive and best of all have a deep tread pattern. Off-road I haven't used them as I have a set of muds for that side of things.

Raywise has a set and uses them everyday. I drive the nav once or twice a week

I have them on my D40 as I was after something quieter for the touring duties that my vehicle is now used for.

And the ARE quiet.

Wear - unable to say as they have only been on for around 7,000km so far.

Carcass strength - no punctures yet. And they are used on a wide variety of surfaces from tar, fast dirt, paddock, rock... No ripping of the tread lugs either which is good.

Grip is good on all surfaces (considering it's not a mud tyre). Tar grip is especially good and confidence inspiring. Wet weather grip on tar is excellent.

Like most AT's, they do pickup and fling gravel. That's part of the mix with a tyre of this type.

The biggest indicator is, would I replace them with the same tyre if needed? Most certainly yes.

i got 20 000km out of the stock goodyears and they were on the low tread marks then put the 697's on so far i have done 30 000kms on them and they are roughly half worn i have had 1 puncture which i just jammed a plug in and last week i totally f###ed another one with a 3 inch split up the side wall but i think any tyre would of split over all the seem like a good tyre plenty of grip and pretty quiet on the road.
it pays to shop around but when i bought the first 4 they cost me 330 each the other day when i replaced the split one it cost me 279 just out of curiosity what are u paying up your way.

Wow! Pays to shop around.. Belmont BStone want $299ea.. Might have to look into other stores.

Actually i'm up in Brissy in a few weeks.. Might have to book in there.. What store is that?

Back