Brisbane 4wd trip 6th Aug

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its improved the car heaps. Hopefully by the next run I will have my canopy fitted and body lift installed. Next run will be good

Whats next for the Nav Ray (if there were no money constraints)

Don't make me drool Matt. Being sensible I would say Outback console with UHF, but if I had a lazy $10000.00, it would be snorkel/exhaust/new rims/sliders/spray on liner/drawer system/double din GPS/ PLUS a set of JWT S1 Billet cams.

This is the list, but gov't etc is taking all my Nav money from the kitty!!!

You wouldn't believe it. Just got an email from Garry at Nizzbits a few minutes ago regarding the snorkel kit I asked him about, no go from Nissan and as far as he can tell no one makes one for the V6. I'll ask Safari etc directly, can't see them on their website, but you never know.

If I can't get one, might have to order a cold air induction system from the states and stay out of deep water, :sarcastic:

Is it the same airbox as the diesel? if so any snorkel should fit from that year model. there would have to be a snorkel for it somewhere. Goodluck with it

+1 Rusty

Most of the 3.0 desiel's run tube inside the wheel arch from the snorkle to the air box. The factory air intake is inside the wheel arch. Would depend on whether you have a pre-cleaner as well. No pic in your garage for us to help you with mate.

I was thinking that Luke, and I did find that Airtec make one to suit both the Diesel and v6, same part number. Going to email them and make doubly sure they know what they are talking about.

Nah, the petrol airbox is a heap different to the diesel one. From memory it sits right at the front of the engine bay and is a great big square one, that being said, the intake itself is in about the same position as the diesel one, you'd just need to do something fancy to marry up the pipes.

Looks good mate only watched one or 2 as i am at work, but yeah they look good, and again, people viewing my video must understand the bog hole was 20 foot deep and full of Crocodiles and Pirahna's very dangerous stuff there.

Nah, the petrol airbox is a heap different to the diesel one. From memory it sits right at the front of the engine bay and is a great big .

Spoke with Airflow, and they said that one of their models is suitable for the V6, and fits --

V6 Petrol
3.0 Diesel
2.5 Diesel with pre-cleaner.
As you said Josh as far as I can tell the hole in the inner guard is pretty much the same, so should be a goer. They look a bit chunkier than the Safaris, but I can live with that. :cheers!:

Looks good mate only watched one or 2 as i am at work, but yeah they look good, and again, people viewing my video must understand the bog hole was 20 foot deep and full of Crocodiles and Pirahna's very dangerous stuff there.

Ha ha . I heard that :sarcastic:

Spoke with Airflow, and they said that one of their models is suitable for the V6, and fits --

V6 Petrol
3.0 Diesel
2.5 Diesel with pre-cleaner.
As you said Josh as far as I can tell the hole in the inner guard is pretty much the same, so should be a goer. They look a bit chunkier than the Safaris, but I can live with that. :cheers!:

hey ray. is it a airflow or airtec? if the one snorkel fits all then i dont see why the genuine one wont or even the safari. mine is a genuine snorkel which the Airtec snorkel is a exact copy of it. have you tried Airtec?

I was thinking this Rus, surely I could get a genuine Nissan one and just modify the flexible connecting hose to the V6 airbox, how hard could it be?? Will mull this over a bit before I decide.........

Might have to have a look at yours and compare.

I was thinking this Rus, surely I could get a genuine Nissan one and just modify the flexible connecting hose to the V6 airbox, how hard could it be?? Will mull this over a bit before I decide.........

Might have to have a look at yours and compare.

yeh for sure let me know when you wanna have a look. maybe even the next run if your coming out? im not sure when itis but

Latest posts

Back