Brisbane River topped at West End

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
So is everyone in Brisbane safe and got somewhere to sleep?

Post up here if you need anything, if you lose stuff and we will all help you where we can. My place is hopefully ok it would need to get pretty high to affect us here, but our Premier has just warned that it is going to be higher than in 1974, so whatever happens it is going to be very very nasty, I just hope everyone is safe.

My Nav is stuck at Kelvin Grove and the street is flooding already and won't peak until thursday, so I think I will be surprised if it is sitting dry when I can safely get in there to get it. Material possessions are worth no where near a life though so we are staying put here.

Please be safe!!!!

Luckily my place is near the top of a hill but looks pretty grim for some people. Sympathies to those many people affected by the floods.

I am in Clayfield, just off Sandgate Rd near Toombul shopping centre. The creek is about 3-5m high over Widdop St bridge, and only about 2 metres below Sandgate Rd bridge. It is just about lapping at the doors of Centro Toombul, the entire southern side of the carpark is under water, AirportLink demountable offices are about 1m away from being inundated and probably carried out to Moreton Bay.

Our place 'should' be okay, providing the creek doesn't rise more than about 2 metres over where it currently is. If it does, then we might be looking at a wet garage at worst, so we're not too concerned about our place.

Luckily for us, getting to and from work is our biggest concern at this time.

My office is in West End, but we are up reasonably high along the main part of Boundary St, so unless it peaks ridiculously high we should be fine there.

My sister and brother in law live at Greenslopes,they seem to think they will be ok.
Best of luck up there guys,stay safe and dry.

Latest posts

Back