Building Canvas Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappy

Reaction score
Afternoon men, Ordered my Bullbar and Snorkel cant wait.
But more importantly I have a question.
I'm looking at putting a canvas canopy in the back of my 2010 d22 dual cab. Just wondering if anyone has one and did they do it them self. I'm thinking about welding the frame up and then getting the guy to canvas it.
Has anyone got photo's or measurements for a standard frame.

Thanks for the info
Rappa.

Did you want it lockable? I've done mine with two sets of sports bars and had joining arms made.
Turned out great!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350983696.804435.jpg

Hay mate shreach for case84 canvas canopy I built one U may like its lockable and has a roof rack on top

Yours looks tidy FB, a mate and myself are trying to nut a design out that will eradicate the need for the bungy loops for my D40.

I love the look of the bungee loops. I can change it to one long elastic rope at any time.

i was nearly going to do mine without bunjis by sailtracking it to the tub and putting a zipp in the side in an oval shape for lack of a better word(same shape as a arb fibreglass canopy side window) but it just becomes a problem for water leakage with curved zipp so i didnt worry about it. In my experience it ends up becoming more muddled up by having to add extra cover flaps for zipps etc. than just using the bunjis but if you do comeup with something thats practical id be keen to see a pic or five

Case84's is still the best i have seen. I will be using a very similar design when/if i do mine. heres some pics of his. All the photos can be found on here, most are under the for sale section when he sold the canopy.

Pete

Attachments

• 07032011(001).jpg
    07032011(001).jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 857
  • 18032011.jpg
    18032011.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 499
X2 if I had the money I would have travelled a long au to buy that!

Yeah i have a mate that is a motor trimmer. Hes going to do mine for cost so he can take some pics. Gotta love a freebie!

Mine is also made of marine canvas. Not stand ripstop. It's strong and awesome, doesn't shrink like standard canvas.
Always good to have people in the trade isn't it? :ha:

Yeah it sure does. I think he want to re-trim my roof, doors and pillars as well. Will look good with some custom colours i think.

Nah it wont be gay colours thats for sure. If anything it might be all done black to match the rest of the interior

Back