building tray for d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pseretis01

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum as I just bought myself my first 4x4, 2008 Dual Cab d22 Navara ST-R. I work in the building industry so the tub is not practicle for me, hence welding up a custom tray. Can someone guide me in the right direction, I need to get the measurements of where the holes for the bolts go exactly, and what size steel people used for there tray.
If someone could send me a list of material required and sizes that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again guys, great forum
Peter

Hey bud not shore If it helps but I cut down a single cab steel tray and me and a mate just worked out the mounting points. I'm not good at stuff like that but it work out ok for me haha! U should have no probs

Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of build threads about that may help you a bit - try a search & see what turns up.

First build the tray top then sit it where u want it (height etc) then make mounts (i used 6x50mm angle and 8mm flat bar) and tack them on, then take it off and weld them on properly, thats how i did it anyway

When i did mine i had two cars which made it easy...
sorry i never made list or took note of the measurements.
check out my garage if you need some ideas. made mine to fit work canopy.

do you have any sketch of your design?? with measures?? maybe what mats did u use?

it looks pretty pro

greetings

don't the 4 door's have a problem with cracking the rails (being the tray has all the weight on the rear 1/3 of the rails) I seen pic's of them snapped clean off due to over load and load position ! ! - be careful on your mounts positions !!!!

don't the 4 door's have a problem with cracking the rails (being the tray has all the weight on the rear 1/3 of the rails) I seen pic's of them snapped clean off due to over load and load position ! ! - be careful on your mounts positions !!!!

I'v had nothing like that and I have close to a tonne on the back 90% of the time.

Latest posts

Back