Bump stops on D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchstr

Reaction score
So im halfway thru doing the suspension upgrade on the nav and need to clarify a couple of things..
When winding up the front torsion bars we need to keep a gap between the bump stops, now the bumpstops we are referring to are the small dome ones in this pic, is that right?
I was thinking about 10mm gap between them will be enough?

IMG_0264.jpg

That's ugly, you definitely need clearance otherwise you'll crash and die!

Ok, maybe not to that extreme, but certainly 10mm gap I'm guessing would be minimum! That's not alot of wheel travel even for urban driving.

haha
cheers guys...
Yeh i just wanted to make sure i was looking at the right place....
I noticed some marks on the tops where they look like they had been squashed down onto...

When i adjusted the torsion bars I just wound them up, but i had read somewhere in another post about "resetting' the bars with pulling them out and turning the splines, or something. Is that necessary or will just doing what i have done be ok?

When i adjusted the torsion bars I just wound them up, but i had read somewhere in another post about "resetting' the bars with pulling them out and turning the splines, or something. Is that necessary or will just doing what i have done be ok?

Yes, It will be fine. You only need to reset the splines is you run out of thread on the adjustment nut(s).

Yes the bumpstop comes into contact with the arm pretty often on IFS vehicles. The mud prob makes it look worse as well.

You should measure around 750mm from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the guard, assuming you have 16" rims

Also reminds me H/D tie rod adjusters need to go in and new steering stops.

Last edited:
Yes, It will be fine. You only need to reset the splines is you run out of thread on the adjustment nut(s).

Yes the bumpstop comes into contact with the arm pretty often on IFS vehicles. The mud prob makes it look worse as well.

You should measure around 750mm from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the guard, assuming you have 16" rims

Also reminds me H/D tie rod adjusters need to go in and new steering stops.

cool, cheers for that...

as for the new tie rod adjusters and steering stops are they a definate thing that needs to be done?

Latest posts

Back