Bush Damage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys this mite seem like a weird topic but last time i took my nav out 4bing I did a bit of damage cosmeticaly. A small dint in the drivers door and I ripped a rear flair off as well as plenty of bush pinstiping lol. Ive given the car a polish and put the flair back on but il think il leave it at that as its sure to cop more down the track. So was just wondering what other cosmetic damage people have done and did they bother repairing it? Mite make me feel better about my nav looking a bit average these days lol

Mate Colours like White and Silver dont tend to show up the bush pin striping. I have heaps and the paint on the plastic flares is total crap to start with . I regularly get hung up on the stupid rear bumper (Have some nice scratches and dents to prove it) Dont feel Bad ! You could be driving a Pajero !

Lucky you have silver. as gonzo has said white and silver don't show much. As for your flare or dints I honestly wouldn't stress. Everyone gets them sooner or later. For me it was sooner as I ripped the drivers flare off and got the good old rear bumper dint in the tub. Not worrying me or the wife but some are different.

Mine's copped a flogging lately. I've got heaps of scratches down both sides. Dented the bottom of the tub just behind the wheel when going over a log I thought was smaller than it was and the bumper has hit the tub somehow as well. What can you do really? If you fix it, it will just happen again. I figure that I got mine to go 4WDing in so I have to expect some damage.. I do hate it when it happens though.

Yeah ive got the marks on the tub as well from the rear bar. Im not worried about it really just thought id see what other people think about theres. If mines mechanicaly sound them im happy

Mmmm, good topic. For me, I like my Nav to look good, but also go out for drives in the bush when I want to. I HATE dings/scrapes, I notice every new little carpark ding from wankers opening their door onto your car when my wife gets back from the shops.

Not that I can talk, I've got 2 dents/scrapes in both back panels from the useless chrome rear bar folding into the panel, these dings will be professionally repaired soon by a mate. I'll avoid damage /scratches wherever I can, even stop to break off lantana hanging over a track rather than scrape along through it.

If I had an old bush basher, I wouldn't worry. But as this Nav is really our family car as well, I like it to look as good as it can. Reminds me, have to get the clay bar kit and go over the paintwork again soon, :cheers!:

bush damage...wtf?
i only bother to wash my nav 1 maybe 2 times a year....
its a work ute afterall...

Mine is mainly bush pinstriping most will come out with a cut and polish which i will get done whenever i decide to upgrade, pointless doing it now

As stated white and silver are the best colours for concealing dents and scratches. In September 2009 i bought a D22 with really nice black paint. Within the first week someone had opened a car door into my drivers door, then shortly later came the bush pin stripes, ripple in the passenger front door from brushing a tree, ripped a flare off and i also managed to smash one of the side steps up into the sill.

Long story short the bush pin striping doesn't phase me too much anymore (they just happen to easily) but i will avoid it where i can. I had the dent in the sill repaired and fitted some rock sliders and also had a new flare fitted.

I will have the ripple in the door and the little car-park dents fixed eventually, but don't see much sense in doing that before my trip to the cape.

If you take them wheeling these things will happen.

not to worried about bush pinstripes but this was a little bit of an issue...... for some reason i couldnt keep driving??????
e16ceb4a.jpg
[/IMG]
b3b9cd9a.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
if you look at the tray you will see a little dent from leaning against a tree..... which was good thing believe it or not, because the tree stopped the ute from sliding off a really big drop. Maybe i shouldnt do night runs...... nah its to much fun, just need to learn how to drive!! lol
18150fa2.jpg
[/IMG]
P1080729.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm lucky i only just got my 05 a couple of months ago for teen thousands of dollars and thought it's a 4WD, if it gets scratched or dented so be it. But Nath, i bet i would have said a few choice words.

yep both times it was, lets say educational for the kids...... i think its only fair to give them a well rounded vocabulary.... isnt it???

I have smashed in the drivers side sill in 3 places, 1 is the whole length of the back door then 2 smaller ones at the front. The passenger side sill is dinted in 2 places, rear DS flare dose not fit properly after getting bogged leaning up againset an embankment, buch pin stripes all over including the roof, white paint is a little stained because I don't wash it enough because each time I do I find more dints.

I have smashed in the drivers side sill in 3 places, 1 is the whole length of the back door then 2 smaller ones at the front. The passenger side sill is dinted in 2 places, rear DS flare dose not fit properly after getting bogged leaning up againset an embankment, buch pin stripes all over including the roof, white paint is a little stained because I don't wash it enough because each time I do I find more dints.

Scotty,s rock sliders :sarcastic:

I've got a massive dint in the rear drivers door - a big branch swung up and smashed the side. lots of scratches - and the ute has only been washed once in 2 1/2 years - in that time it's done 4 deserts - 1 snowfield and the cape - it's kind of funny underneath the car gets a lot more loving and care than on top.

Feeling better nathan lol shame about yours but. Im not complaing about my damage either guys just thought it mite be an interesing topic.

Back