Buying advice used D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfunkjive

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some opinions about buying a used D22 under 10k. Im on a tight budget so the cheaper the better, although I am after value for money. Im planing on driving it about 45,000km per year over 4 - 6 years.

Im looking at these two vehicles at the moment: 1997 NISSAN NAVARA D22 STANDARD
4 cylinder Diesel Aspirated 3.2 L (3153cc)
Kilometres 188,355
Bullbar, spotlights, toolbox, Extractors with 2.5" exhaust
New clutch required but still ok to drive as is
Damage to left and right door sills
Rego til 20 January 2013
$6500

2001 NISSAN NAVARA D22 S3 DX
4 cylinder Diesel Aspirated 3.2 L (3153cc) Turbo charged
Kilometres 255,000
a/c, bullbar, garrett turbo system, ladder rack, tray lights, spotlights, water storage, good tyres
Reg Expiry FEB-2013
$9000 firm

How gutless is a non-turbo, can I still do 80km/h up a hill say Mooney Mooney on the F3?
Whats fuel consumption like?
How many kms can I expect to get from the engines and will a turbo kill it faster?
Which one could be the more economical in terms of purchasing, selling after 4 - 6 years or driving into the ground, maintaining and fuel?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

2001 gets my vote cause its newer and doesnt need a new clutch and is turbo. it does depend on the previous owner tho. I'd avoid any that have been used by a tradey thats been pulling heavy trailers every day...

s14 panda said:
The best advice that i could give you is if your going to get a Nav go for a drive in a Hilux first. Hands down better veichle all-round for a few extra dollars its worth it. Just read some of the threads, Navs have heaps of problems including mine. I know plenty of people will get upset with these comments but its the truth. Ive been a Nissan man for the past 25 years and im telling you they are not built like they used to be. Toyota is a little more money but you get your moneys worth. Sorry fellow Nav owners but you all know this is true.

Mines never had any problems. Only caused by myself

WE dont all know its true, I have no complaints with my nav, But had no complaints with my old hilux either, But for the price difference i went the navara and i would again

Im looking for a single cab 4x4. Resonable fuel economy and longevity are most important as I drive 45tkm pa. Hilux's are great but for less than $10k I could only get a 2.8D or 2.7 Petrol. 4wd is only used for beach and fire trail campground access not rock crawling.

Latest posts

Back