Buying navara st-x and out bush and sand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brikelly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm about to buy a 2010 Nissan Navara ST-X auto TD. I was wondering if anyone has been able to bargain the dealers down to 50000 grand or lower for one of these without ABN numbers. Your thoughts on this would be great.

I'm asking for the following from Dealers to:
1. Nudge Bar
2. Roof racks
3. Back cover
4. Altitude Blue
5. 2010 TD Auto Navara

The other main concern is that if I bought the stock out of the car yard Navara ST-X will i be able to take it out on the sand/beachy conditions with the current stock standard tyres?

Any other advise on bargaining for one of these beasts would be good.

I use a mob called "PrivateFleet" for all my vehicles, they basically broker all car yards around the place to tender a price on what ever car you want with any accessories. They usually come in with good prices as all car yards are trying to get sales. Then armed with these prices go to the dealerships and tell them what you can get and maybe add another accessory into the mix and they will try and compete with prices to get your business. Its worked for me, give it a go.

I have also taken my Nav on my local beach (9 mile) which is known for soft sand. If the new Navs still come with the continental tyres you will be right as my Nav had no worries at all. Did drop the tyre pressure down to 16PSI.

Can't speak for the 2010 model but I reckon I'd have been pushing to get under $50K without an ABN 12 months ago. RRP bog stock when I brought mine was $46K with and ABN but their prices for add on's quickly add up.

As for the standard tyres and how they preform many will tell you they are shit and should be the first thing you replace. I do however disagree. If you know your limitations you can take the standard tyres into many different places, sure bigger and meatier bags will take you further but that doesn't mean that the standards wont drive on the sand. I've driven mine on the sand, I wasn't trying to do desert crossings or any such thing just getting from the road to the beach for fishing but I still drove on sand.

My Nav also pulled an 8 tonne Isuzu with 4 x 400+kg steers up the muddy track from the dairy this arvo after the truck got stuck in the mud. My Nav was on more solid ground for the pull but it was still a wet track and the Nav did it with the standard bags on it.

Oh and Welcome to the forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum!

Krafty left one thing unsaid that needs airing.

Buying "the world's greatest offroad tyre" does not mean you can immediately head off into a 20-metre deep mudhole and expect it to perform.

I'd wager that more than half of driving is skill, and less than half of it is the equipment. Using your head - and being attentive to what you're doing - is more than half the battle.

Even the best sand tyres are worthless if you get on the beach and just hammer the accelerator.

Take a compressor, let your tyres down - 16-18psi is generally where they should be. While your tyres are deflated like this, don't travel too quickly, don't make sharp turns, don't try driving across the face of a slope. You could easily roll the tyre's bead off the rim and maybe even roll the car!

Congrats on the purchase, too. Hope you enjoy it!

how much was it ? Can the partner come for free ? I want to put the dog in the back as well ?

how much was it ? Can the partner come for free ? I want to put the dog in the back as well ?
My partner would complain about being in the the back
and the name calling would get me in big trouble. LOL

For sand you do not want a mud tyre a sand tyre needs to roll over sand not dig in it all comes down to right foot and psi on real soft sand i will go to about 10psi but becareful straight lines then back up to 15 psi.

Have fun

cheers Phil.

Latest posts

Back