Buying New - Dealer Negotiations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys new to this forum, just purchased a new 2010 st-r back in december last year, goodies as follows.
:rock:
Metallic silver in colour with 6 stack cd and no abn number.

30,888 drive away
got them to throw in also
tinted bonnet protector
Car mats
slimline Window weathershields
Headlight protectors
full tank of diesel

extras i paid for
Tub liner $500.00
soft tonneu cover $500.00

full drive away $31,888.00.
I know that was a very good price.

also quoted $700.00 for keyless entry, imobiliser, alarm from dealer.
Purchased the same system direct from supplier (TOSSA)
fitted and supplied for $385.00.

Great car to drive and my motorbike fits in the back with tailgate down, no more trailer hire required, not a lot of room in the back for the kids but their not in there all the time. great for me to go away with, even the missus says its the best thing since sliced bread. Dont plan to do much 4WD in it but the option is there if I need it. Will make acces to the bush a lot easier when i go away riding as all my riding friends have 4WDs and tend to go deep into bush, cant do that with the VX commodore.

also quoted $700.00 for keyless entry, imobiliser, alarm from dealer.
Purchased the same system direct from supplier (TOSSA)
fitted and supplied for $385.00.

very nice buy shooter well done

also with the keyless entry i just ordered mine today for under $224 was list price so i guess i get my discount buy the time it comes to my shop

cheeky buggers the huge mark up they have on spares is insane

very nice buy shooter well done

also with the keyless entry i just ordered mine today for under $224 was list price so i guess i get my discount buy the time it comes to my shop

cheeky buggers the huge mark up they have on spares is insane

That makes me furious! When i was buying my D22, keyless was nearly $700 as an option. And i don't think that included the alarm/immobilizer. :devil:

speaking of which how hard is keyless to install ??

very late last year som dealers had 2010 plate stock for $28,888 driveaway (stock standard) which was ridiculously cheap. Even at low-mid 30's they are still very good value IMO

RE keyless entry, as they already have central locking you can buy a fob & receiver kit for about $30-40 and fit that. Peice of piss, takes about half an hour for someone proficient with electrics.

RE keyless entry, as they already have central locking you can buy a fob & receiver kit for about $30-40 and fit that. Peice of piss, takes about half an hour for someone proficient with electrics.

Geez it makes me really mad they wanted $700 for this "optional" extra. And some people actually fall for this rip off.

Geez it makes me really mad they wanted $700 for this "optional" extra. And some people actually fall for this rip off.

They did offer me the option of keyless for $700, said i will shop around. When i spoke to TOSSA they said if i had of gone with keyless through the dealer, Tossa would have gone and fitted it at the dealers for $385 and the dealer would charge me a total of $700. Dealer also quoted me $800 for towbar, tossa quoted me hayman and reece for $500 fitted. It pays to shop around as the extras are where the dealer makes his money back on the discount he gives you.

I just signed a contract at Metro Nissan in Brisbane for a White D22 ST-R, 2011 compliance for $30K drive away, (no ABN).

Good luck in your search.

Alanj

2010 metalic burgandy red D22 $30888 drive away ABN provided Xtras i put on r, snorkle $685 MUD TYRES $500 traded originals for $100 each RINO liner $690 EGR BLOCKING PLATE made my self heaps more responsive and hardly any smoke,,soot worth doin>>>

They will bitch and moan but can guarantee that you can get one drive away for $28,990.00 with an ABN

I second that (and yes I've got an ABN).

I just signed the paper work on a Saphire (blue) D22 ST-R at $30,565 drive away (inc GST) including fitted genuine tow bar and soft Tonneau cover.

The invoice from the dealer shows a -12206.07 Discount number at the bottom.

I guess it's a combination of the high Australian $ combined with them not being made in Japan anymore.

Either way they're a bargain at those prices!

I second that (and yes I've got an ABN).

I just signed the paper work on a Saphire (blue) D22 ST-R at $30,565 drive away (inc GST) including fitted genuine tow bar and soft Tonneau cover.

The invoice from the dealer shows a -12206.07 Discount number at the bottom.

I guess it's a combination of the high Australian $ combined with them not being made in Japan anymore.

Either way they're a bargain at those prices!

They represent excellent buying indeed.

Enjoy

Greg

I Hate Nissan
I Hate this thread.

I got stiffed even with ABN on the equivalent of a 4x4 Nissan Cedric but with less personality.
Now I have to keep the bastard because you lot have destroyed the used value..
Go away and stop bragging!

Does it matter if you buy a car with an ABN that isnt used any longer but is still active?

I wouldn't buy secondhand. My D40 is for sale at a car yard at the moment only done 50K, I feel sorry for who every buy's it, it's farked!

Does it matter if you buy a car with an ABN that isnt used any longer but is still active?

Hate to be a killjoy to those who want to do this (who am I kidding I love being a killjoy it makes my day). The ATO do make random checks on buyers using ABNs for car discounts and if the ABN has not been actively used or the business is not actually running they can take action.

The ATO have also been known to check non ABN buyers, house buyers, boat buyers etc etc who have brought expensive items that their yearly income doesn't indicate they can afford, it's the way they catch out heaps of tax evaders.

I wouldn't buy secondhand. My D40 is for sale at a car yard at the moment only done 50K, I feel sorry for who every buy's it, it's farked!

That and the fact that most of the used d40's work out to be almost the same price as a new one if you get the gst back and scew the dealer,and you get the bonus of someone already flogging the crap out of them.

Back