Cab road noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaywood

Reaction score
My Spanish-built D40 Dual Cab 4x4 ute is just 2 months old, and I am fed up ith the roadnoise coming from the air oulet behind the L/H rear seat. The dealer acknowledges the noise but will do nothing about it. They have replace the L/H/R fixed glass door rubber, which of course had nothing to do with the source of the noise.

Am I alone with this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help but hopefully someone on here can give you an answer.

At least they won't be insisting that your 2012 ST is made in Thailand :wink:

There has been a few complaints over the years about the rear passenger door glass and the door seal being a noise issue but I believe you are the first to blame the vent.

Can't say I've ever noticed any excessive noise coming from the vent (although I don't sit in the back seat) but all it is is a plastic vent with angled veins that push air out the cabin and down and a rubber flap that under normal conditions stops air and water coming back in. Unless the rubber flap is missing air entering the cabin through the vent should be minimal as the cabin pressure should be pushing it out under normal circumstances.

Every know and then, when the wind is blowing the right way etc etc, I get a funny wind noise in my king kab. and Yes, I think it comes via the vent.

I cured mine quite easily. Removed the rear seats, and installed a custom sub box. Now I only hear the wind noise between songs.

I have the same problem, mine is 4 months old, it's been in and had new left hand door seals, between 60km and 100km it's really bad, also wind noise near the right hand side mirror at those speeds it goes in this week again, for that fix and also I get a rattle in the front dash near the front passenger air bag, 2 days they need for, other than those annoying things I love the truck

If you haven't already done so check the small window in the rear door for movement, there was quite a few people who reported that window being loose (only moves a millimeter each way) as a major source of road noise.

I have a rattle in my dash which has been there for about 3 years but I put that down to the screw I dropped pulling the dash apart and until I get the inclination to look for that screw I couldn't say whether it's Nissan rattle or a self imposed rattle but a smack on the dashboard next to the head unit usually stops it.

Mine was doing the same thing. I had the rubbers replaced in the back left window as there were gaps in the rubber. I also had the drivers door rubber replaced because the rubber had fallen away from the door frame and was filling up with water.

I found that the new rear window rubbers made a difference but it didn't get rid of the noise completely. It is annoying how the wind noise seems to only come from that location.

Latest posts

Back