CalCals new ride!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
hey guys.
after selling the navara i was on the hunt for a 4.2TD pootrol. i couldnt justify spending 35 grand on something that im going to destroy....so i bought a 3L.

Mods:
2" tough dog lift with adjustable shocks
ARB bullbar with winch
Spare wheel/jerry can holder
On and offroad maps/dvd/tv/mp3 blah blah blah player
custom draw set up
engel 50L fridge/freezer
Cross country intercooler
3" exhaust
Rapid chipped and tuned by JPC
dual batts
VDO boost and pyro gauges
3/4 roof rack
awning
3 hella HID spot lights
UHF

will post pics shortly

its 2000 model.

might i add i bought the car off my mates old man.

he rebuild the motor so shes only got 45k on her

nothing wrong with the 3l patrol mate. Id have no worries buying one instead of a 4.2.
one thing tho, use genuine nissan coolant in it. change the coolant that is in it straight away to the genuine nissan coolant. they have a special coolant for the 3l patrols its an organic coolant. the 3ls have a lot of head problems and nearly all of them stem from using standard coolant.
have fun in it :) mate has one that we just dropped a r34 skyline motor in :D
so cool, has no problems frying 35's :) needs reduction gears tho for 4wding in low range

FF804B78-4D90-43B9-8174-926B55DEEEF8-6393-0000018599D5FBE6_zpsb63e3adc.jpg

B6B9D47E-8A70-4E27-9186-AB329C30AEA4-6393-00000185B1B1FBAC_zpse8d72e8b.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

She now has a TJM pro locker in the front, HPD air filter lid & MAF housing. Ordering a raslarr bar next week and she will be rocking

So, what's the story with these 3ltr ones.... I've heard various people say they a time bomb, but when u look at the number on the road, they can't all bad.....

What is the problem and what are the fixes ???

Pre 2001 ZD30 in the patrol had issues with the water jacket near number 4 cyl - would get hot and crack the block (or was that the head?). Redesigned after that.

Combo of MAF sensor and variable vane turbo in those early models killed a few -- bad MAF(??) sending turbo into meltdown. Not sure what the factory fix was but Cross Country etc do anti-grenade kits for early ZD30 patrols: http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/products.php?productid=274

But if calcal's new ride has been rebuilt then I'm guessing these issues have been addressed too.

Latest posts

Back