Calmini 3"/D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus/d22

Reaction score
Hey all,

I got a 3 inch Calmini lift kit with the extended wish bones in the front of the D22 and also a TJM 3 inch lift in the rear.
All seems good except it seems a little rigid in the front end and also the bushes are a bit squeaky. I always keep everything well greased.
Every now and then i used to get a bit of a knocking noise on the front end passenger side but I could never diagnose where exactly it was comming from? I havn't heard anything for 12 months or more now has anyone had anything similar happen.
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get a smoother ride out of the front end that would take a little more of the jarring out of the corrugations but not loose any clearance or go too soft in the front.

Did the kit include torsion bars? Refit the stock bars and adjust for the 3" lift. They're softer.

The 4 psi rule i had never heard of, looks like a useful bit of info.
I have been playing with tyre pressures though quite a bit and the obvious is that the lower the tyre pressure the smoother the ride seems to be, but even when im running under 20psi it still seems to jar more than it should on the corrugations.
Ive been out on the same roads with mates in other 4x4 (hilux, triton, patrol, cruiser) and all seem to ride a bit better on the rough surfaces.
Im wondering wether i should go for a higher profile tyre or possibly different bushes?
I thought about using the factory torsion bars but they were just way too soft and were pretty much the reason that i went for the suspension upgrade.
The thing is, the cal suspension insnt really that rigid but it just doesnt ride well on the corrugations and rough surfaces.
I suppose that ive seen a lot worse (my old LN65 Hilux) but it should be alot better i think, especially after the $$$$$$$$ that it cost, i just dont have another one to compare it too.

as far as I know hd torsion bars and hd rearleafs will be a bit stiffer than standardbut it also depends what upgrade you went with I guess

I put a constant load ironman kit including t/bars in my nav 2 months ago and i cant fault the ride. I put constant load alround on my old ln106 hilux and i regreted it from the start it was harsh unless the tyres were down to about 25 psi. The difference is i have loaded up my ute to need the heavier suspension on the nav and the lux was empty

What shocks have you got and do you have a steel bull bar on yours. Check that your shocks are tight for the knocking noise.I had knocking when I did my uca's and the shocks had come loose. If your not running a stell bull bar put the standard torsion bars back in and keep the heavy duty ones for when you put a bar on it.

I got the suspension upgrade through TJM Darwin, pretty sure it was ordered from the U.S. Carter.
Scotty, Ive got a steel bull bar and running TJM shockers. As far as I can see the shocks seem rock tight.
Maybe the shock bushes? I didn't check them, maybe worth a look.

Latest posts

Back