Calmini Steering conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used this before (see link below) Looks stronger and looks to last longer, my mate just bought an 03 with it fitted and steers quite nicely and was thinking of upgrading it as my drag link is starting to wear.
Would it fit my 08??

https://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=2&t=10&p=532&n=

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Don't bother, I emailed Calmini and they replied with in hours that they don't make them for RHD anymore so they couldn't help me. I then replied with questions about buying one and reversing the set up for RHD myself, as by the looks of the pic is only a bracket, it looks pretty much universal, they said it's not possible, the politeness was not continued in the second email as it was in the first. Anyways I'll look at my mates 03 D22 and decide for myself. Keep you posted.

Don't bother, I emailed Calmini and they replied with in hours that they don't make them for RHD anymore so they couldn't help me. I then replied with questions about buying one and reversing the set up for RHD myself, as by the looks of the pic is only a bracket, it looks pretty much universal, they said it's not possible, the politeness was not continued in the second email as it was in the first. Anyways I'll look at my mates 03 D22 and decide for myself. Keep you posted.

Tried to get one of them when I got my UCA,s and they said that they may look at doing them again in the future. Doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. That was another reason I am thinking of live axle. It will fix a few problems.

Shame really I would have bout 2 in the coming weeks for me and another mate.

Last edited:
Yeah not sure it would have been better then the calmini full conversion kit as it retails for $600US right now. But maybe the best alternative at the moment. Best I know of anyways.

Yeah not sure it would have been better then the calmini full conversion kit as it retails for $600US right now. But maybe the best alternative at the moment. Best I know of anyways.

Maybe if we hit them up for a group buy, they will knock em up for us.

Jump into their site and send an email. They got back to me last night at about 3am. I would but only have my phone right now.

I sent Calmini USA an email asking if they would do a production run for their Heavy Duty Suspension System if we could get enough people together. This was their reply.

Sir-

Thank you for your interest in the CALMINI Nissan line.
Unfortunately, due to lack of sales only a limited run was produced. We
would need a minimum of 50 orders with deposits to start production on this
system. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
CALMINI Products Mfg. Inc.
Sales Department

I think the 50 will be a tall order.
Cheers. Brad.

They don't ask for much do they. If i owned snake racing or superior I would probably do a single order. Depending what shipping was worth but I very much doubt we could get 50 orders in and paid for.

Yeah. A lot of good faith will be required. It would be good if someone new the owner of a company like snake or superior who would buy the leftovers to sell them of as people need them. May get 50 that way. 50 Australia wide is a big ask though. I wonder if someone like forefront would take on the challenge of making something up.

All they need is to buy the LHD and back engineer it. Would be worth their while I think. They could also just find one of the RHD ones like I mate has and fab up an identical if not stronger version. I'd rather buy from here anyways.
I think you would find anyone who drives a D22 off road would buy one, I mean when you look at snake who sell HD adjusters for $190-ish the $700 or so become worth it very quickly.

Latest posts

Back