Camping setups

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, change of plans for us. The new rig goes on hold while the world markets tremble and we wait to see what happens. We'd have LOVED to have taken that rig away, but the $75,000 price tag (with the few extras we needed) makes us a little concerned. Instead, we'll save the cash for it and hopefully we'll have that in 18-24 months.

In the meantime, we're going to repaint the current van - just to freshen it up. We're going to go ultra-white on the inside and a 5% gray on the outside, and I'll have some designs airbrushed into the side, because the logos will all come off. I might see a vinyl cutter and get the original logos remade so that the van at least has a 'brand'. Some of the stickering has flaked making it look a little untidy, so the painting will make it look better.

I have only just replaced the 5 tyres and 4 brakes and repacked all of the bearings. The wheel nuts on all wheels feel to be about the same temperature (when I stop, I get out and check these), so I'm assuming the bearings are good and the brakes are working evenly.

When I get started I'll put up some pics.

Tony,

If you are looking for decals you could try

Caravaners Forum • Index page

There are a couple of companies listed under the Trade Centre section although I have never used them.

Lance, who one of the administrators & supplies the decals for the forum shop, will also supply decals for caravans & has helped out a few members with repro decals. He has made some call sign stickers for our van & even a couple of big signs for our property. I can send you one of his business cards if you are interested.

Not pushing his barrow, just trying to help.

Anyway sorry guys to be O.T.

Camp set up

Simple Tarp, poles & swag works for me! Improving this in the same vein very soon... and retaining the simple appeal!

Attachments

• Ngarkat09.jpg (320)1.jpg
    Ngarkat09.jpg (320)1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 498
I love my 5 star camping.

Attachments

• P8290041.JPG
    P8290041.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 465
  • P8290043.JPG
    P8290043.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 463
  • P8290048.JPG
    P8290048.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 490
Well, change of plans for us. The new rig goes on hold while the world markets tremble and we wait to see what happens. We'd have LOVED to have taken that rig away, but the $75,000 price tag (with the few extras we needed) makes us a little concerned. Instead, we'll save the cash for it and hopefully we'll have that in 18-24 months.

In the meantime, we're going to repaint the current van - just to freshen it up. We're going to go ultra-white on the inside and a 5% gray on the outside, and I'll have some designs airbrushed into the side, because the logos will all come off. I might see a vinyl cutter and get the original logos remade so that the van at least has a 'brand'. Some of the stickering has flaked making it look a little untidy, so the painting will make it look better.
Sorry to hear that your plans have been put on hold, looking forward to the pics:rock:

We're finishing the small upgrades to the inside of our van. The walls and ceiling were about a 20% grey and we decided to lighten it to about a 5% grey ... the result is more reflected light inside. We also got a nice comforter set from Big W, it really changed the look:

attachment.php

To:

attachment.php

We're happy with it. We have new lights on order - those little lights on each side of the bed are looking rather dated, so new ones are on their way, just haven't arrived yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0298-resized.jpg
    IMG_0298-resized.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,979
  • 2011-09-22 19.46.27-resized.jpg
    2011-09-22 19.46.27-resized.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,971
awesome, a camping and fishing section! well thought id throw up a few pics of the camper trailer i built last year. 50mm axle, 9 leaf rebound springs, parallel bearings, alco 10' elec brakes, 265/70/16 wranglers, fully welded chassis, 2200 100x50 drawbar with out board mount, 2ton hyland hitch, 100a/h deepcycle batt and removable boat rack, and all the canvas is custom made by a local canvas mob

Attachments

• Image060.jpg
    Image060.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 478
  • P1080374.jpg
    P1080374.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 442
  • P1080387.jpg
    P1080387.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 413
  • P1080388.jpg
    P1080388.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 405
  • P1080906.jpg
    P1080906.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 416
at the moment i just use the tajmahall of big W dome tents plenty of room for me the missus and the brats as it has 2 rooms and a foyer area then i throw a huge blue tarp over the top will post pics when i learn how my only prob is the wife wants to take a months worth of cloths and shit for a 2 night stay i spend more time throwing stuff in and out than doing the important stuf like having lemonaid on the whole camping subject if i knew how to start a thread i would but i do have an idea how about some maps or directions to some good camp spots people go let people know stuff like where/how whats there water for kids to swim can ya take the dog things like that

I have a Black Wolf Turbo 240 Plus. Sets up and packs up with the misses in no time. Add 2 chairs and a small table its more than enough for us two.

377132_10150578400408735_578583734_10741530_158978057_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back