camping tub setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.murdoch

Reaction score
hi guys

looking to get a bit better setup for camping. i have a dual cab str with a soft tourney cover, i was thinking of doing a portable dual battery setup and an draw system on 1 half of the tub so i can store my gear in the draw system and have the fridge and swag on the other side.

i will also look at roof racks and a pull out canopy.

i would look at building the draws out of sealed ply and cover them in marine carpet, will the soft cover keep this dry enough?

has anyone got a setup like this

thanks

After a bit of research I'm thinking of putting a few arb tie down tracks and using them to secure the fridge and a largeish box

Any advice would be great

Ask if someone has removed their tie down rails from their d40. Would be really cheap, could be a touch bulky but look into it as an alternative...

after doing mine, next time ill go aluminium canopy and steel tray rather then tub setup mainly its easier to modify and have more room to do so.

i was going to get a waterproof dust proof box and a engel fridge and ark mack and use a tie down track system to hold it all down then a decent soft tourno cover

I case your still looking for ideas, I've built a custom drawer system in the tub made it waterproof as I don't need a canopy.
I've got space for a 20l jerry either side and hidden away behind them in a void under the false floor will be an air compressor on the right and a sine inverter on the left with outlets and ciggy plug points to charge appliances, tool batteries, phones when camping and the ciggy plug can be used to light up the awning when camping as the led strips are cheap and easy lighting. The tool box can be removed if you wish to sleep on the back as we'll but it is great to store things in as it's lockable

Back