can anyone help ?D40 Navara weird air noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auz1234

Reaction score
Been driving my Navara round lately and I've noticed its developed a weird air noise that seems to be coming from the passager hand side of the engine bay, driving around and keeping the revs low it doesn't make the noise. Push even a little and it seems to make this noise like the Air conditioning is on full but coming from the engine bay.

Its not down on power, its not using anymore diesel etc. its doesn't sound any different idling. Not sure if its even a problem I just haven't noticed it before.

Found it, there was a rather large split in the large pipe going from the air intake to the turbo I think, letting air out and not sealing properly.

That would have allowed a lot of unfiltered air in, and you may have been hearing the suction noise of the turbocharger. It's good that you found it before large amounts of dust could enter and cause damage.

That would have allowed a lot of unfiltered air in, and you may have been hearing the suction noise of the turbocharger. It's good that you found it before large amounts of dust could enter and cause damage.

What he said. Good man for noticing an odd noisy and figuring it out quicksmart.

Just heard from Nissan, that part they need is apparently on back order from Japan and wont be in the country for 2 - 6 weeks!

I have a stock one if you want it, $50. Its off my 2012 ST so it will go straight on.

I took it off when i bought a hard pipe from "Plazmaman" in Wetherill Park, which is your other option, just buy a hard pipe, from memory $180 delivered I will be at eastern crk racway tomoz for the Top Gear Festival if you want to meet up and grab my stock silicone pipe?

Actually i could even meet up today if you want i dont have much on, PM me if you want and we can sort it.

I have a stock one if you want it, $50. Its off my 2012 ST so it will go straight on.

I took it off when i bought a hard pipe from "Plazmaman" in Wetherill Park, which is your other option, just buy a hard pipe, from memory $180 delivered I will be at eastern crk racway tomoz for the Top Gear Festival if you want to meet up and grab my stock silicone pipe?

I think his problem is on the inlet to the turbo rather than outlet side

I think his problem is on the inlet to the turbo rather than outlet side

spot on, its on the inlet pipe.

I said to Nissan about getting another part and according to Nissan at Castle Hill it needs to be a new part supplied by Nissan for the warranty period. Still got over 4 years on the warranty to go.

they reckon they have set up a temporary fix for now to seal and have the car useable but will replace the part once it comes in.

Latest posts

Back