Can sombody please read this for me

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
Ok so I did a 2 inch lift and got a wheel alingment and they told me that they adjusted the camber as much as they could but couldnt get all of the positive camber out. So obviously I need to spend some more cash, I would like this to be as little as possible obviously. Offset bushes suplied and fitted is around $400 but they only go to a half a degree offset, so given the report is this going to be enougth the streighten things out.

IMG_0706 by paulrsims, on Flickr

I havnt tried anything yet mate I only fitted the the kit on sat they said there is still too much camber and they tride to compensate for it. What I really want to know is will half degree offset bushes do the trick or am I looking at UCA's

Easiest way is speak to Zordo
By my calcs left side will come in within spec with half a degree but the right side still will need work
Now am going out on a limb as its been a long long time but the figures you currently run at pos 0 degrees 57 minutes on the left and 1 degree 34 minutes on the right.Half a degree ( 30 minutes )out of the right will still leave more than 30minutes on the right ( 1 degree 27 minutes ).
Degrees as in on a protractor and the minutes as in bits of a degree with 60 minutes making a degree

Mine was running those figures without lift so 40mm up was crap. UCA from PRG ( the only ones on the market that were adjustable at the time ) and am almost at 0 degrees

Fitting coil spacers will only lift it higher and make the problem worse, not only that it will leave you with less droop and coil bucket contact with the UCA's.

The Offset bushed wil get it closer enough to drive ok and give you decent tyre wear, BUT if you are going to spend the coin i would go for UCA's as then you will not only sort out the camber issues perfectly but they will also gain you travel right through the range, from memory it is about 60mm

Left is not to far off but right needs more work.

Interesting on on the use of the wrong vehicle on the spec sheet. 2011 Thai King Cab here and ended up with really good lift, over 2" (50mm) With Dobinson HD springs got 570mm from center of hub to guard lip.

End up with Camber within spec but only just. The bloke who did it did say the Thai D40's usually get away without the shims.

thats because the Thai models have adjuster cams on both sides of the LCA's where the Spain only has them on the front

It's hard to tell how far out of spec it is with the wrong vehicle selected as the d40s may run different settings compared to what yours has been aligned at. If someone can post the required alignment specs that would be helpful as then you can tell exactly how far out yours is...

Camber should be similar on all vehicles as its just and angle. 0 degrees 30 minutes would be almost upright in pos or neg .It should however be same left and right

I have been told by a few tyre places that the factory settings always have the drivers side slightly different to the passenger for two reasons, but mainly due to the roads all have camber on them so it takes that into consideration, otherwise they all would all pull to the left severely on a normal road with normal road camber even on a freeway you would get it.

Natand22 is correct they allways compenstae for the road camber, that much I have figgered out still havent worked out if an extra half a degree will do the trick or not though.

Camber should be similar on all vehicles as its just and angle. 0 degrees 30 minutes would be almost upright in pos or neg .It should however be same left and right
While that's true, looking at that spec sheet, target camber is +36min, with a variation of + or - 30min. That's how it reads to me anyway, so the left is still in spec, just the right is a fair way out.

Half degree bushes should fix the right hand side though...

For a bit over $500 and mabee 2-3 weeks wait you can get new upper control arms.so next time you bang a kurb or do some heavy 4x4 work and the alignment goes out they can just re adjust and your on your way again.in my opionion bushes are a false economy fix.

Latest posts

Back