Canopy air vent suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renegade40d

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been looking around for canopy air vents for the high roof canopy on the navara so we can use the tray for the dogs as we just cant tolerate taking them anywhere that involves water/mud/sand if they have to be put on the backseat.

Came across the ARB low profile vent but my local arb store has been waiting for stock for 2.5 weeks and have no idea when they will get them. They are also $60 now which seems outrageous for what it is.

Canopy has lift up windows so leaving windows open is not an option.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Wait until Aldi brings back the pet seat protectors, which are designed for exactly that - keeping the mud, sand and water contained until you get home.

Otherwise, trailer manufacturers should have those little spinny things that go on the roof of dog trailers, you could put a pair of those up top.

Sorry if I got a little technical there with 'spinny things', I just can't think of what the hell to call them!

I had an ARB vent & wouldn't buy another! It kept blowing open all the way (flipped over) when cruising.

I'd just use the front sliding window in the canopy, it does the same job! :)

I had an ARB vent & wouldn't buy another! It kept blowing open all the way (flipped over) when cruising.

I'd just use the front sliding window in the canopy, it does the same job! :)

:cheers!: what he said I HAVE ARB ones but open windows when kayak on top as air goes other way it sucks the dust in '

You don't need an air vent on a Navara canopy. I leave the sliding windows open about 50mm and use a cable tie to prevent them from opening further and that pressurises the canopy enough that no dust gets into the canopy. I have driven in torrential rain and almost no water gets in. Best bit is that is free.
The bloke at the local TJM gave me this tip when I tried to buy a vent. I had a vent on a canopy on a Falcon ute and it was a bugger, I cut my hand on it nearly every time I tried to close it.

I've had a an ARB one on my canopy for 6 years, never blows open and help too pressurise canopy in dustY conditions. Also kept our dog cool on the way home from the beach. Where all wet dogs need to be, IN THE BACK OF THE UTE AND SIT DOWN....😝 Can close it in winter so rain won't come in, if they are $60 I would still pay it and I've never had a problem with mine and wouldn't have a canopy without one

Latest posts

Back