Canopy for D 40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
Looking at an Ultimate canopy for my D 40 - on E Bay for around $2300 - Anything known about them?? - They look OK.

Thanks
Jeff.

Personally I don't like the way the back window looks on the D40 pics, someone else here also mentioned that they had trouble replacing a bent window in their canopy, so that may be some fuel for thought.

Not sure what they mean but pop out windows on the side but to my thinking it means the windows only pop out at the back and give you about 2 inches to push stuff through, even sliding windows do better than that. I also reckon a rear demister is a waste of time given that the back window can be as clear as you like but if the sliding window is fogged up you still wont see past the fog. Opening the sliding window or the side windows should remove the fog anyway.

I actually think you can do better for a similar price but thats just my idea.

Ultimate canopy

Thanks Crafty,
Their shop/factory is just down the road from me at Seaford so might go and have a looksee then check out a couple of others.

Jeff.

If you want to see some go for a drive to Avenger (I think they have some to show) they are more expensive than the Ultimate ones but when you compare the two you can easily see why their is a price difference. Caddy out the other side of town (Altona maybe I can't remember) have very similar if not the same canopies but even with their slightly cheaper prices their customer service was crap.

Canopy

Had a look at the Ultimates today - they have 2 styles - 1 with push out windows ($2350.00) which would only be good for ventilation, the other has the 2 side lift up windows, spoiler type thingo with brake light, and an interior light - Installed etc for $2750.00.
Compares well with the ARB with 1 lift up and 1 slide for $2720.00.
The Ultimate does look a bit smarter/modern
Will check out the Avenger before I decide.

Jeff.

Dunno if the prices have changed but my avenger was only about $150 dearer with 3 lift up windows and a sliding front window. I'm not sure Avenger do the install themselves these days as they seem to be more of a distributor but they are dead easy to install anyway. I also believe while very similar to the Avenger Caddy are slightly cheaper but getting any customer service out of them is like a tooth extractions without anesthetic

Back