Canopy supports for roof racks?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRG85

Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick question.

I have an ARB canopy and am looking at putting on some rhino racks purely to carry an awning, nothing else.

Would rhino racks bolted on the canopy with a backing plate be sufficient to support an awning? Or would I require the internal support frames in the canopy first?

I'm not looking a carrying jerry cans/spare wheels etc.

Depends on if you like your canopy and not.

Yeah better to be safe the sorry as the it will vibrate like no tomorrow slowly cause creaking. And never tire down anything on the racks on the cab an racks on the canopy.

Crg I'm building some internal structural support to put racks on my canopy. For 26 bucks for of box and some time and effort atleast I know putting anything ontop of the canopy won't damage it to the crappa. Agree with tigerst about the seperate tub and roof stuff. If u watch ur tub in the rear vision mirror it wobbles at a different state than the cab does

Cheers

Crg I'm building some internal structural support to put racks on my canopy. For 26 bucks for of box and some time and effort atleast I know putting anything ontop of the canopy won't damage it to the crappa. Agree with tigerst about the seperate tub and roof stuff. If u watch ur tub in the rear vision mirror it wobbles at a different state than the cab does

Cheers

mate would you have any pics of the set up you have for the racks, id like to put racks on my canopy to mount a roof top tent so would really need to support it

to mount a rooftop tent you need internal supports
some canopies come with them built in
here is a pic of my arb internal supports
shouldn't be too hard to copy
20140115_134841.jpg

20140115_134902.jpg

20140115_134927.jpg

The arb supports look really cheap and nasty.... im sure they do they job, but for the price you pay youd hope they were a little more, solid looking?

I think there. About $250 or $350 for the internAls support from arb.

Yer arb need to really pick there act up with that shit ! I got my arb canopy $700 cheaper by driving 100kms down the road to Brisbane ! And the excuse I got from my local arb was fright lol. if they fitted it at home in my drive way I understand fright other then that it's there cost I say ! Ya bars should be $250 mate or at my local Arb $580 lol matt sharman 0732663288 at arb in nundah is the man and dose the best arb prices around, just tell him matt from toowoomba put u on to him so I keep getting good deals lol

I thought mackay was bad. How much was the canopy. Got mine 2100 fitted.

Fitted smooth with lift up windows in white with roof bars, my local quotes around the 3300 I think?

Smooth 1 lift 1 slide fitted $2500 and threw in a few goodies at the end ! My local wanted $3250 but were willing to meet me half way to keep my business, needless to say, I go else where now and I'm sure it would be cheaper again if I where to do it again. getting trade rack next ;)

From memory my canopy (smooth finish, 1 lift and 1 slide window) was around $2400 painted (and that's their trade price). But they did want $150 to deliver it 45km, as i didn't want them fitting it. Thanks for the tip Matt, I think I might try the Nundah store.

Smooth 1 lift 1 slide fitted $2500 and threw in a few goodies at the end ! My local wanted $3250 but were willing to meet me half way to keep my business, needless to say, I go else where now and I'm sure it would be cheaper again if I where to do it again. getting trade rack next ;)

Give the fella a roof cage a ring hell make you a rack for peanuts I'm very happy :)

I'm starting to like the looks of canvas canopy myself. See a few photos if then them on tub back they look alright in photo but could be different in real life. There was a very nice trat back d40 down the road from mike1303 yesterday.

Latest posts

Back