Cant decide which chip ! :(

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a unused chipit dominator MK1 kit with boost controller and EGT off a bloke for $500 and am going to pick it up in the morning. Did you get yours tuned on the dyno camo.b or just run off chip settings. It's going on a 2012 D22 with 3" exhaust i will do the EGR mod too when i fit it. Anything else i should know about?
No tuning as yet..im just too far away from a dyno.
setup the egt gauge first guys...if your keen tap the exhaust manifold just before the turbo for the best/hottest readings.do a few hot laps in your stock navs and check the higest recorded temp...use this as your base measurement for egt..
Do a service oil and filters...clean the maf sensor and air filter...do a fuel pump reset/relearn and drive the 30 odd kms it needs to complete the relearn...
Fit the chip and set the tune 5 and enjoy!!! Higher tunes yeild better results but tune 5 is great..i rate the higher tunes .. but set at your own peril!! 😆😆😆😆😆

Last edited:
No tuning as yet..im just too far away from a dyno.
setup the egt gauge first guys...if your keen tap the exhaust manifold just before the turbo for the best/hottest readings.do a few hot laps in your stock navs and check the higest recorded temp...use this as your base measurement for egt..
Do a service oil and filters...clean the maf sensor and air filter...do a fuel pump reset/relearn and drive the 30 odd kms it needs to complete the relearn...
Fit the chip and set the tune 5 and enjoy!!! Higher tunes yeild better results but tune 5 is great..i rate the higher tunes .. but set at your own peril!! ����������

Awesome, thanks for the info mate. Maybe a dumb question but how do you reset the fuel pump?

I have fitted a Steinbauer Module and Boost Controller with Gauges. I also have fitted a 3 inch exhaust, snorkel, K&N and EGR blank. I noticed a nice increase in power with the Steinbauer Chip. After fitting the Boost Controller I found the power increase great! I assume this is due to the Steinbauer increasing fuel duration, so the Boost Controller turned to 20psi really complements the Chip. Definitely a different car to drive!
Cheers, Matty.

Latest posts

Back