Can't drive in 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbod22

Reaction score
Hey guys when I put my nav in 4x4 the front wheels seem to fight each other and turn in towards the middle of the car when I try to drive I have replaced the draglink and idler arm and tie rods but the problem is still there any ideas??

Have you checked if one hub is not engaging before replacing all those other things?. Tie rods and the Draglink should not cause the problem you describe. Just a thought it's very hard to understand what you mean, and is this problem occurring on a hard or loose surface. Turning on a hard surface in 4wd is normal for it to feel like this.

Last edited:
Front wheel drive causes toe in (wheels pointing towards each other) which is why front wheel drive cars are aligned to have slight toe out...

As john said, are you driving on a hard surface or sealed road woth 4x4 engaged? This will feel and look like that is happening because there is no slip in the surface, which will cause "driveline windup" because the front and rear wheels can't turn at different speeds like they would in 2wd...

On sand u notice it the most the front end and steering wheel jump and go side to side and trying a hill climb is a no go I bent a tie rod down brindabella nsw on the last 4x4 trip it's like the front passenger wheel has a mind of its own.. ohh and it's got a 3 inch lift with a idler arm brace and 2 inch body lift

Back